New Foster Has White Pimple Surrounded By Ring Of Skin With No Hair

Guest got2now

Guest got2now

Our new foster girl has this white pimple on her back thigh. The hair around it is gone, and it feels like a tiny bump on the skin that's not attached to anything. I tried to pop it but couldn't. She is 9 years old, heartworm positive, and taking Antirobe 150mg twice a day (an antibiotic). I gave her a good bath this weekend with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial shampoos. Any idea what this is? The picture's not great but the best I could do with a moving target! here's it is: http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy30/mdsrvs/IMG_0261.jpg

Edited by got2now

I can't see any picture, but from your description, it sounds like a sebaceous cyst. If it pops, it will probably be a waxy type substance in it. Gracie has had those before. Sometimes they go away on their own, sometimes they've popped just from being handled.

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

Looks like possibly a sebaceous cyst to me. Beth had several, then after about five months they went away ... just recently she's developed another. She didn't really lose hair around it except from my picking at it ... they can tend to ooze a bit and get crusty, and fluctuate slightly in size. But I get all bumps vet checked to be on the safe side.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Skin tag?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Does it always look so red and inflamed or is that from messing with it?

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest got2now

It's not too inflamed; I think that's just how her skin is, and I'm not sure what her skin usually looks like because we just got her a few days ago. The hair loss surrounding the bump is a concern too. I can't imagine what that could be from. I probably will take her back to the doc, even though we just went on Friday $$$$$. Would a sebaceous cyst cause peripheral hair loss too?