Limping

Guest Erin

Guest Erin

Honey started limping at the end of last summer and the vet and I couldn't figure out why. The vet suspected a corn, and there is a little mark on one of her pads, but nothing protruding. Then, after 4 months of limping, she stopped. She spent four happy months limp free and then all of the sudden she's limping again and it's really bad -she's mostly walking on three legs. She still has a mark on her pad, but still no protrusion. I feel so bad for her. She's seems a bit more comfortable on grass, but not much. Anytime I put a boot on her she limps even more dramatically (she's prone to dramatics). Anyway, is there such a flat corn?

I should add that it's the same foot.

Edited by Erin

Yes, Andy had one. His was flat but an obvious corn. We had it hulled and the limp got a little better but when he passed away he was still limping. If he were alive, I'd be giving the new corn cream talked about here in H&M to see if it would work on his corn. Here's the link to the thread LINK

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Erin

Yes, Andy had one. His was flat but an obvious corn. We had it hulled and the limp got a little better but when he passed away he was still limping. If he were alive, I'd be giving the new corn cream talked about here in H&M to see if it would work on his corn. Here's the link to the thread LINK

How can I know for certain if it is a corn? Are there certain characteristics I should look for? All the pictures I've seen of them stick out...