Pads Of Feet

So lexie slid and scraped the big pad on a front paw on sat. I treated and covered. Now I am letting air out at night. It looks red but better. Will the pad eventually turn black again? Will the padding grow back? How long does it take if it does? Is there something I should to help heal it besides the t-y liquid and neosporin? Is it better to keep covered all the time or let air out at night like i am doing? ty all

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest scfilby

Our Mickey damaged multiple pads on a daring daylight escape last summer.. One stopper pad was nearly torn off completely.. We used triple antibiotic and wrapped with gauze and self adhesive tape, and covered that with toddler socks (with grips on the soles).. We also let the pads breathe at night. After a few days the damaged pad areas had started healing nicely, and pink new pad emerged, which turned black after a while. I can;t remember how long they took to get back to color, but we were actually surprised at how quickly the pads healed.

Our Mickey damaged multiple pads on a daring daylight escape last summer.. One stopper pad was nearly torn off completely.. We used triple antibiotic and wrapped with gauze and self adhesive tape, and covered that with toddler socks (with grips on the soles).. We also let the pads breathe at night. After a few days the damaged pad areas had started healing nicely, and pink new pad emerged, which turned black after a while. I can;t remember how long they took to get back to color, but we were actually surprised at how quickly the pads healed.

ty for answering :colgate

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest MyBoys

One of my boys did the same thing, the pad was red and raw looking, after cleaning it good with warm soapy water I started to spray it twice a day with EMT spray, within a few days it was nice and pink and it healed completly.