Strange New....romance?

Guest Ashleigh

Guest Ashleigh

Hi everyone!

I have a strange question to ask, and I have done a search but haven't found much...hopefully this isn't completely weird.

I adopted my hound about 6 months ago and he came into the house with my existing chihuahua. Neither seemed to be too interested in one another, but recently, the Hank (my greyhound) has become OBSESSED with my chihuahua's penis. He follows him around the house, sniffing and licking it, and even if Emmitt is on my lap Hank will try to shove his face right in to get to it.

I'm not sure if it's related, but we have a pitbull staying in the yard that Hank has become best friends with. Both of them sniff and lick each other's parts, but not obsessively. Once Hank is in, he's all over little Emmitt.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Ashleigh

Guest TheUnrulyHound

When one of my hounds had a UTI the others were obsessed with his "parts" maybe the chi has an issue? :dunno

Guest Ashleigh

When one of my hounds had a UTI the others were obsessed with his "parts" maybe the chi has an issue? :dunno

It's definitely worth getting it checked out. Hank almost gets snippy when I try to push him away...I can't think of anything else!

I'll be calling my vet tomorrow! Thanks!

Guest scfilby

Another vote for UTI..

No UTI here, just checking out the goods!

(sorry, I couldn't resist!)

DSC_2910.jpg

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest LindsaySF

A quick sniff, sometimes even a little lick, is like saying hello. Some dogs will also do it as a submissive gesture. But if he is following the Chi around and seems downright obsessed, then I vote for a UTI too. Good luck.

Guest Ashleigh

Thanks everyone! He hasn't done it at all today, but the chihuahua has his vet visit scheduled for this week. I'm crossing my fingers that Hank went mental for a few days!

I'll update my findings!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Maxx

Glad I found this - our girl grey and our small white fluffy dog have been obsessed with licking Solomon's junk the past 2 weeks. And he just started marking in the house after more than a year of good potty habits... off to the vet!