Question About Using 2 Different Topical Antibiotics

As most of you know, Beau has autoimmune deficiency seconadary to his IBD.

Every once in a while he gets some "things" on his legs. Tonight I found 2 raw, open spots that are really yucky. Too late for vet so I will bring him in tomorrow. In the meantime, I gave him a spray (HE FLIPPED AND SCREAMED BEFORE I SPRAYED!!!) of Bentagen.

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Betagen-prod10872.html

After the fact, I noticed that it expired. So, I want to use the gentocin.

Will there be any further issues if I use the Gentocin at 11PM. I used the betagen at about 7:30 ish.

Thanks.

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Gentocin+Topical+Spray-prod10090.html

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Hi Robin

As long as you're going to see the vet tomorrow, I might hold off on using anything topical, just in case the vet wants to grab a culture. Putting an ointment on now might affect the culture results.

Maybe just some warm compresses for now? ...

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Hi Robin

As long as you're going to see the vet tomorrow, I might hold off on using anything topical, just in case the vet wants to grab a culture. Putting an ointment on now might affect the culture results.

Maybe just some warm compresses for now? ...

Thanks, Jordan. I just really looked at it and it's not yucky. It is raw because he has been licking it like crazy. After I sprayed it, he stopped and now I can see what it looks like. It's in the thinnest point of the ankle area where there is no hair and very thin skin to begin with. He has gotten sores before. It actually looks a bit better. Probably a combo of him not irritating it anymore and the spray.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project