Clicker Training Breakthrough

Guest Chefcnam

Guest Chefcnam

I've had my 7 year old girl(Willy) for about 9 days now. And when I first started trying to teach her to lay down on command by luring her, she would always just back away from the lure, try eating my hand, or just walk around me all confused. But today, she finally started laying down and I was even able to get her to do it by hand signal with no treat in hand. Next step, adding the voice command. I'm so proud of Willy, who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. :colgate

Oh, you certainly can teach an old dog new tricks! Well done, both of you! :thumbs-up

I'm training Sid with the clicker. He's the first dog I've used it for and I must admit I was a little skeptical about how wonderful it was, but I'm able to teach him completely pointless behaviours this way - like touching his nose to a box for a treat - so teaching him stuff I really need him to do seems easier somehow! :lol

The oldest dog we took on (little Jack) was nearly ten when we got him and I managed to teach him a lot. They can learn, if only you can let them know what it is you want ... and make it worthwhile!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop