Prayers Needed For Karen And Her Little Girl, Penny

Guest Energy11

Guest bluefawn

I have no clue if the incontinence is related to the food switch, but I am a big believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy. Was there a health related reason for the new food? IMHO, I would feed the miraculous Miss Penny whatever she was eating before the incontinence started and not change another thing to see what happens.

Oh, and give her as many belly rubs, ear scritches and nose kisses as she can stand! wub.gif That always works around our house!lol.gif Still sending boat loads of prayers for her continued good health!

Hey Linda, I had purchased the IAMS because at the time, I was unable to get to Sams to get her the food she had been eating. She had been on Exceed, which had been recommended to me by another greyhound person. But after reading the info available online and then looking at the ingredients on the bag, it's a wonder Penny had not been sick before now! ugh! But she seems to be doing well on the Wellness formula, although I am still gradually introducing it as should be done when switching to another type of food. She had been on Purina One before the Exceed, and all of my greys have been on that. Penny was raised on Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy (IAMS brand), and then IAMs once she reached a year old. But I had switched them all to Exceed or Purina One, whichever was available at the time. Penny is my last surviving grey, and I wish I had learned about pet food ingredients before now. But it would not have saved any of them. Lydia was 7 when I adopted her in 1993, Sassy was 5 when I adopted her in 1994, Evan was 1 1/2 yrs. old when I adopted him in 1995, Ladybug was 2 when I adopted her in 1995, Nash was 7 when I adopted him in 1998, and Katie was 7 when I adopted her in 2005. (Only Katie and Penny are still living) I adopted Penny in 1998 when she was 10 weeks old. She is one of the original 3 Mississippi puppies - if you were/are on the Greyhound-L, you know who she is smile.gif))

Thank you again for your prayers - they are very much appreciated smile.gif)

Hey Karen! I am glad you are now feeding Wellness! :-) GOOD STUFF! I am sooo glad you baby girl is doing sooo well, and that we will be able to do our first aid seminar again this year at Mt. Hounds :-)) Good luck with your classes! Give a HUGE hug to your furdaughter, Penny, and your skindaughter, Amy, for me! Love, DEE

Me too, Dee! Mt Hounds was the furthest thing from my mind when Penny was so sick! I am also happy that we will be coming again this year. Amy is coming too!! Yippee!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluefawn

Hello! I finally got a picture taken and found out how to upload it! I wanted to let you all see the little Greyhound Penny, that you have all been praying for!

Here she is!!

IMG_10642.jpg

Guest bluefawn

Yes, she is a one-of-a-kind girl! It really is going to just kill me when I eventually do lose her, but I hope to have at least a couple more years with her!