Different Sized Pupils

I am worrying about everything with Flex..my IG..posted earlier about all his allergic reactions, infections. Has anyone had a dog with an ear infection that caused the pupil in that eye to be bigger than the other eye? Everything I am reading about different sized pupils is not good....I am so hoping it is from the infection. There was no head trauma as far as I am aware of..Thank you again!

donna

Guest GryffinSong

Donna, I really don't have any idea. I'd give your vet a call and just ask. A quick phone consult might give you ideas and wouldn't take long at all. Hugs to you and your little one!!!

It generally indicates neurological difficulty, which can result from lots of things, even renal failure. One wonders how well that ear infection has been contained... In any case, it shouldn't be ignored. I vote for a vet consult.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest Energy11

It generally indicates neurological difficulty, which can result from lots of things, even renal failure. One wonders how well that ear infection has been contained... In any case, it shouldn't be ignored. I vote for a vet consult.

Ditto on this. Unequal pupils can mean many things, including pressure inside the brain. In your case, it could be something simply related to the eye infection. Yes, I'd consult the vet. Good Luck!

Guest MnMDogs

Mork and Mara both have slightly different sized pupils. It's barely noticeable, but it's there. They have no serious health issues, but Mara has pannus and Mork has PRA though. Definitely have it checked out if you're worried.

thank you..this was noticed when treating Flex's emergency allergic reaction(?)..when speaking with the vet today to let him know how Flex is doing, we discussed the eye..he wants to give time for the ear drops to work on the ear infection, the simplest solution would be that the inflammation from the ear is pressing on a nerve. I am hoping for that as it is the simplest solution. we have follow up thursday.