Dog Training In Woodbrigde/dumfries/manasses Area Of Northern Virginia

My parents' puppy Allie is bigger and very very very very energetic. She is freakishly smart and gets bored easily - and even I can't tire her out after hauling her out for a short run. She needs dog training classes soon and while I can recommend good ones by me, I don't know about any where they live.

I think classes would be better than one on one as she needs socialization. Thanks!

Guest BlueCrab

There's a site called "Your Dog's Friend" that a woman in Montgomery County (MD) put together to help people choose the "right" dog for them at the humane society. Her name is Debra Ekman. The site has really taken off, tho, and she's been a great font of information for training and behavior issues. She doesn't do training, per se, but can refer people to a trainer who will specialize in their particular needs. When we got Leyland, she came to the house (for free) to visit with us, make an assessment of what we needed, then she gave us some names of trainers who could help.

I don't know how much she's done in VA, but I'd suggest checking her site as she's been a great font of info.