Valley Fever?

Guest amour

How vunerable are the greys to VALLEY FEVER?

Planning to take a trip to Arizona to see my daughter. Her golden came down with Valley Fever and is really sick, she just had some yard work done. I know it's not contagious. Don't know if I should take my boy there!!???

It's some kind of nasty thing that is in the ground there.

How vunerable are the greys to VALLEY FEVER?

Planning to take a trip to Arizona to see my daughter. Her golden came down with Valley Fever and is really sick, she just had some yard work done. I know it's not contagious. Don't know if I should take my boy there!!???

It's some kind of nasty thing that is in the ground there.

Any person or dog can get it if they are near the spores and breathe them in. I don't believe one breed is any more vulnerable over another breed.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I have lived in Arizona (desert) for the past 26 years and I have never had a dog get Valley Fever. I have never worried about it and there are good meds for it just in case.

It's mainly a blowing dust and dirt thing; the fungus only lives in undisturbed soil, so when it IS disturbed (by construction, followed by wind), the spores go airborne and can sometimes cause problems. The majority of animals and people exposed to the organism have no problems with the disease; it's uncommon for it to cause serious illness, but it does happen.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)