Red Is Back On Meds (peeing Probs Again)

Red did well on his meds for the month, was off a week, and started having problems again. He had urgency and frequency but no accidents. I started him on the meds again, saw the vet the next day, and we had another x-ray. Still can't see a thing, so we are going to the speciality clinic on Tuesday -- where they took such good care of Moose -- and Red is having an ultrasound. They will send the results to my vet within a few days.

It is ususual for a neutered male to have prostatitis, so you know I am scared.

Red is eating like a champ, wanting to play and have loves, and is still an all around happy guy.

I am trying to keep that as my focus.

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Have they tried culturing urine taken directly from the bladder via needle to see if they can identify the bacteria? Maybe they just didn't get the right antibiotic? Sending hopes that the ultrasound gives you helpful information.

:goodluck

I hope you get some answers. Good ones.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Sam was diagnosed with a UTI last year. The first antibiotic was helpful, but not completely effective (the problem came back after just a couple of days). We tried a second antibiotic--still not good. So we decided to keep him off the antibiotics for a spell (10 days, I think--we were just happy he no longer was peeing blood), then collect urine and grow a culture. About the time we were ready to collect the urine, he cut his leg badly and wound up on a third antibiotic. That drug, coincidentally, managed to do the trick on the UTI.

Of course, what those three antibiotics did to his digestive tract... :(

Good luck with Red.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Thanks all :)

Sam was diagnosed with a UTI last year. The first antibiotic was helpful, but not completely effective (the problem came back after just a couple of days). We tried a second antibiotic--still not good. So we decided to keep him off the antibiotics for a spell (10 days, I think--we were just happy he no longer was peeing blood), then collect urine and grow a culture. About the time we were ready to collect the urine, he cut his leg badly and wound up on a third antibiotic. That drug, coincidentally, managed to do the trick on the UTI.

Of course, what those three antibiotics did to his digestive tract... :(

Good luck with Red.

What was the antibiotic? Do you recall?

Edited by VinnieAndRexsMom

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.