Being Sick After Eating

Guest loubieblue

Guest loubieblue

About a week and a half ago Blue started being sick after eating. We were at the vet last Thursday and she said he was due to be wormed and that would be what was causing it, so he had his worming tablets but it's still happening. I started to feed him his food in 4 smaller portions instead of 2 larger ones and he seems to be ok with that, no throwing up but tonight I gave him a little more than his small portion and he's just brought it all back up. Other than being sick he is his usual self and is drinking normally, his poop is normal too. I am going to make another appointment at the vets for Thursday but any advice in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Lou.

Guest Energy11

Could be reflux. Might want to try a Pepcid AC about 30 minutes before feeding him, but, I would definitely follow up with the vet. Maybe all the worms aren't gone yet?

Good Luck with this!

Guest loubieblue

He will be 8 in a couple of weeks and hes been with me for 3 years, He's been on the same food ( James Wellbeloved kibble ) for nearly 2 years so I don't think it could be that but I just don't know, Should I try changing his food? or might that just make matters worse? He really isn't "ill" in himself, He's his usual goofy self, still playing, still bouncing around just exactly as normal. I will make the appointment to see the vet tomorrow so they can take a look and see what they think. I am praying it's something and nothing.

Guest Energy11
He will be 8 in a couple of weeks and hes been with me for 3 years, He's been on the same food ( James Wellbeloved kibble ) for nearly 2 years so I don't think it could be that but I just don't know, Should I try changing his food? or might that just make matters worse? He really isn't "ill" in himself, He's his usual goofy self, still playing, still bouncing around just exactly as normal. I will make the appointment to see the vet tomorrow so they can take a look and see what they think. I am praying it's something and nothing.

I think it is a good idea to see him checked out, just for your peace of mind. In the meantime, that Peocid AC 20 mg. (generic is fine) 30-40 minutes prior to feeding him, couldn't hurt. Might just be reflux. Good Luck!

Guest loubieblue

Thanks for the advice, I will try the pepcid this evening. I am trying to make the vets appointment but their phone has been engaged for the past 30 mins!!

In addition to the pepcid, until you get to the vet you might also try soaking his kibble until it's very mushy (no hard bits) before feeding.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Is he vomiting or is he regurgitating? Does he have a bump near his throat area? If so, it could be a partial obstruction. We had a dog with this; he was regurgitating his meals. Actually the food wasn't going down; it just sat up high. He had a tumor in his thyroid area and we had it removed. That solved his problem. :)

Let's hope reducing the fat in his diet takes care of it; it beats surgery! :goodluck