Advice On Skin Issue

Guest IHeartDogs

Guest IHeartDogs

My foster Debbie has what looks like pimples on her bald thighs. There is also scarring from old ones and does not appear anywhere else on her body. I was wondering what is this condition and is there anything I can do about it? She will be going back to the vet on Monday, but just wanted to know what you all think. Thanks.

Video787.jpg

Video792.jpg

Edited by IHeartDogs

Guest Energy11

Could be infected "black heads," ... I would show it to the vet and go from there. Really haven't seen this, so no good advice.

Good luck and lots of good thoughts coming from here. She might need a good course of Keflex, if this is a skin infection.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 4dogscrazy

hmm, my 6 year old has that on her chest! It doesn't seem to bother her and I haven't pointed it out to the vet. I wonder if I should? Is there something that needs to be done? She doesn't itch at it or anything, and does't mind when I'm petting her either. Anyone else have any advice?

hmm, my 6 year old has that on her chest! It doesn't seem to bother her and I haven't pointed it out to the vet. I wonder if I should? Is there something that needs to be done? She doesn't itch at it or anything, and does't mind when I'm petting her either. Anyone else have any advice?

It's very common to have something similar on the chest; blackheads tend to form there. They get a little better with a warm, moist cloth. Welcome to Blackhead Pickers Anonymous. :)

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Guest Lovey_Hounds

those look like blackheads vegas gets them on occasion expecially in the summer when is lying in the dirt a lot. you can squeeze them or leave them your choice, a warm wash cloth daily will help clear them up.