Meds ?

jamngrey

Dr prescribed (crap why do they write so you cant read the bottle) Carprofen? its an anitinflamatory. He said to be cautious of her not eating or having bloody stools. Ok that freaked me out so I need some GT help here to see if its safe. He wanted to see if it could be inflamation in the toe before we take the toe off (posted few weeks ago about her limping due to corns and asking advice about limping and removal of the toe)

Edited by jamngrey

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Carprofen is the same as Rimadyl. It's an NSAID (think Aleve or ibuprofen for humans) that has the potential for side-effects, some of which are very serious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carprofen

While many dogs do perfectly fine with it, I think a couple of folks here have had dogs that died because of it. It must be stressed that while serious, these events are rare- but not as rare as we humans are used to with drugs like the abovementioned Aleve and ibuprofen. Hence the cautions from your doc.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)