Quilty's Path Report Is In - 1st Post

Guest KennelMom

Guest 3greysinPA
So, good news is margins were clean... yay.. that is good... and more good news that she is up and doing well...

but i am so sorry to hear that it was malignant... hugs for the beautiful Queen...

What is the prognosis for other tumors when its something like that?

I'm not really sure, to be honest. Burpdog might have a good idea about those kinds of stats.

We did talk about chemo and we could start that, but after discussing it with our vet we have opted not to go that route at this point. Chemo for mixed malignant mammary tumors of her type isn't well researched or well documented and it's not the treatment of choice as it is for other cancers. At 13 1/2 with clear lungs, great blood work and clean margins on a well-localized, slow-growing tumor we're just going to watch things.

Sounds like the best plan for Queen Quilty at age 13.5... with good blood work and clear lungs.... I dont know a whole lot about dogs but it would sure sound like the best plan for a human.

Many prayers and many hugs for all of you .... you guys deserve it.

Dont forget to take care of yourself too... :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

:kiss2 QUEEN QUILTY she looks stunning in her girlish figure without her girdle on.

She is such a total beauty!! :wub:

She is a complete beautiful Queen Quilty... Pat ... we might have to take road trip someday... me, you ,, the hounds of course...

and a long fun drive south. B)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Angel Cotton Candy had 2 malignant breast tumors...She died several years later of old age....not due to her breast cancer. Hug Quilty for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Sorry to hear that the tumor was cancer, but it does sound promising that they got it all and I do believe Miss Q will be around for a very long time. She is so beautiful; give her a gentle hug from us!

Guest KennelMom
So we will do monthly exams to make sure. I won't do the lung x-rays because... as far a i am concerned, there is no point.

As long as she is well and happy, it's all good.

The first xray was done when we first brought her home and were just trying to figure out everything that was going on with her. She does have some raspy breathing from time to time, so that was a diagnostic to rule out cancer. We did the second one just before the sugery because, well, if she was full of cancer we probably wouldn't have put her through the surgery. But moving forward the xrays won't be regular things...

I think I need to get her a breat cancer survivor collar like Elsie's :D

My Angel Cotton Candy had 2 malignant breast tumors...She died several years later of old age....not due to her breast cancer. Hug Quilty for me. :grouphug

Thanks for sharing...I'm always relieved to read stories like this, though I'm sorry you did have to say goodbye eventually :grouphug

I'm glad Quilty is doing well after her surgery! Sorry that the mass was malignant.

I don't know if you ever do anything with Chinese medicine but after Harmony had a mammary lump removed earlier this year and it was also malignant, our acupuncture/Chinese medicine vet started her on a Chinese herb specifically for cancer (Max's Formula). I give her a little each day and so far nothing else has popped up and she's doing really well.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)