Osteo And Pamidronate?

Guest loumom

Our wonderful 8 year old grey was just diagnosed with Osteo. Its a very difficult time, but we are chosing to not amputate/no chemo. Our vet suggested using Pamidronate to reduce his pain and chance of fracture - it has to be administered by IV about every three weeks. Has anyone had any experience with Pamidronate?

Yes, my girl had a couple of treatments. (Osteo or fibrosarc in her shoulder, no amp or chemo, short course of radiation, tramadol, metacam, gabapentin, pepcid & carafate.) She did well with it. I wouldn't use it for pain control but since the theory is it helps to rebuild bone, it could reduce the chance of fracture. Certainly worth trying. You might also want to try artemisinin. For some reason, my Liath couldn't tolerate it but it has helped other OS hounds.

Have you contacted OSU for a consult?

Very best wishes for your boy. :grouphug

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis