Introducing Lily (frankie's Sadie) ... Our New Little Girlie!

Guest RSD_Ranger

Guest BrisBrindles

Oh man! She's gorgeous! She could be my Tiger's sister....look at the colouring, my boy has golden eyes too...isn't the colour cool? btw, I checked GD but they aren't related at all.

Here's a pic of the boy (and his GD page ) http://greyhound-data.com/d?d=dr+.mcpharlin&x=0&y=0

There are 2 pics I put in there of him, he looks quite light in some. Because of the lighting outside it seems to fade to colours.

PIC_0013-6.jpg

You're very very lucky!!! Brindles are da bestest :)

Guest houndstooth4

She looks like she could be related to our girl Blueberry, but she got one grey eye and one brown one. No gold! That's our little Bunny girl's trait! I have Blue's mother here with me, so I know they aren't related on the maternal side, but I wonder who Lily's father is!

They both say "Welcome to Retirment, Lily!"

newnamecollars2009002-1.jpg

Guest TeddysMom

Lily is really pretty and so sweet looking. My favorite part of being on GT is hearing these great stories of greys finding there forever homes. I love the pictures of all these wonderful dogs. Everyday I check for another happy ending. Thanks

Guest RSD_Ranger

Wow! Thank you all for such a warm welcome for Miss Lily!!!

She is getting more and more animated every day! Our little shy girl may be a bit bolder than we thought :wub: Her hookworm test came back negative :yay so I think we may have gotten rid of that nasty creep inside her. No more ticks have been found (thanks again Auntie Karen for your diligence!!) I love the term "amber" for her eyes vs the "golden" I was using. It's perfect!! Her eyes are amber with chocolate inner rings around the iris. If I can ever get a great photo of them I will probably use it for my avatar :digicam

Two stories for Lily's welcomers:

1. Lily is a wood eater. Yep, we've now seen her walk up to the end table, sniff the corner, then wrap her back teeth around it. Luckily we caught her in the act once, but the buffet in the dining room's leg was not as fortunate. It has teeth marks all over it now. Little Miss Lily is a naughty pants! :wife

2. This is the BEST story ever (well, at least for us it is :candle )

When I picked Lily up from the kennel I wasn't aware that a collar and leash came with (thank you Greyhounds Only!) so I had brought Ranger's collar with me just in case we needed something. When we got home, I unpacked all the paperwork and set Ranger's collar on the breakfast bar (it's at perfect greyhound level). I noticed Ranger's collar near Lily's bed sometime last week and I assumed my husband had had it out and left it there. Didn't really think about it too much, but put it back on the breakfast bar. Two nights ago, I hear a sound of metal being dragged along the countertop and get ready to "get my glare on" for naughty pants. I see her gently grabbing the collar and pulling it off the counter (now I'm intrigued). She takes the collar over to her bed and lays down with it near her head. She then gently grabs it and pulls it in to her chest so it's laying in the crook of her neck!!!!!!!! She did not chew it to destroy it, she just wanted it near her. I had to go around the corner and wipe my eyes because I don't know how that could not have been a message from our sweet Ranger. I mean seriously, how does that happen and not have it be him and her talking?!?!??!? So yes, I think Ranger had a huge paw in selecting her for us. :paw Range, I thank you -- you did a greyt job, my little man!!!

Guest RSD_Ranger

For those of you who think you might have pups who are related -- I would LOVE to find her siblings. This is all I know from greyhound-data:

Frankie's Sadie (female - blue brindle) DEC 2006 -- Our girl (adopted Aug '09)

Frankies Bentley (male - blue brindle) DEC 2006 -- no information

Jj's Water Fall (female - brindle) DEC 2006 -- Adopted Sep '08 by Make Peace with Animals, New Hope, PA

Jj's Water Lilly (female - brindle) DEC 2006 -- Adopted Sep '08 by Greyhound Relocation & Adoption, Mount Elgin, Ontario, Canada

Jj's Water Proof (male - brindle) DEC 2006 -- Adopted Dec '08 by Greyhound Relocation & Adoption, Mount Elgin, Ontario, Canada

Lenny's Sampson (male - blue brindle) DEC 2006 -- AVAILABLE! through Forever Home Greyhound Adoptions, Middleburgh, NY

Guest RSD_Ranger

Today was a day of firsts: Lily played! Yes, she was relaxed enough that she actually played with TWO toys today! She was interested in a squeaky plastic ball this morning and was having fun with an octopus stuffy tonight! :yay

We are going to order a beautiful collar for her tonight. I also finally tracked down those jingle-free pockets (cuz they're not called jingle-free pockets anywhere! Quiet Spot or tag wallet is what they're called by smarter people than I!) I'll have her model her collar for all of you when it comes in.

We just love this girlie so much ... we are all having so much fun! :pinkele Spay stitches come out tomorrow so we'll be able to run sometime soon. She had a brief run this afternoon, but we've pretty much kept her on lockdown so she doesn't pop any of those stitches.

More pics to come soon! We've got goofy earsies (my absolute favorite part of a greyhound) but I haven't been able to get a good pic of those yet. LOVE when they flop over the top and look like a little bouffant hairdo!!! :inlove

When I picked Lily up from the kennel I wasn't aware that a collar and leash came with (thank you Greyhounds Only!) so I had brought Ranger's collar with me just in case we needed something. When we got home, I unpacked all the paperwork and set Ranger's collar on the breakfast bar (it's at perfect greyhound level). I noticed Ranger's collar near Lily's bed sometime last week and I assumed my husband had had it out and left it there. Didn't really think about it too much, but put it back on the breakfast bar. Two nights ago, I hear a sound of metal being dragged along the countertop and get ready to "get my glare on" for naughty pants. I see her gently grabbing the collar and pulling it off the counter (now I'm intrigued). She takes the collar over to her bed and lays down with it near her head. She then gently grabs it and pulls it in to her chest so it's laying in the crook of her neck!!!!!!!! She did not chew it to destroy it, she just wanted it near her. I had to go around the corner and wipe my eyes because I don't know how that could not have been a message from our sweet Ranger. I mean seriously, how does that happen and not have it be him and her talking?!?!??!? So yes, I think Ranger had a huge paw in selecting her for us. :paw Range, I thank you -- you did a greyt job, my little man!!![/color]

I am just reading this and I also believe that sweet Ranger had is paw in this. :wub: Our boys sent us our sweet girls! :)

I can't wait to see her FIRST new collar! :D

The volunteer crew I was with that day were great with tick picking and caring for the houndies! I'm glad she is doing so great!

Hugs for Lily! (Lily, no remodeling of the wood furniture :lol)

Edited by K9_Lady

She is very beautiful...your collar story brought a tear to my eyes...what a sweet girl

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross