Drug Warning...looking For New Vet

Guest freightsmom

Well, if your vet called you at 9am the next day and admitted her mistake, that would go a long way with me. If she's teachable and you've been happy with her other work, I think dumping her over 1 mistake would be an over-reaction. None of these drugs are exactly harmless.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RICHandJUDE

I have used Ace on numerous occasions for thunderstorms and

have no adverse reactions. I have given it to both my greyhounds.

I do only give them 10 MG, maximum of once per day, if needed. If I am home with them, then I usually don't drug them.

I have never had a problem with my vet but when I call for any reason, I always tell them

that I am calling about one of my greyhounds. Tha way they know I am calling

about a greyhound and not my Beagle.

Ace is to NEVER be given to a greyhound or any sight hound for that matter. I'm really surprised your vet didn't know this. Also, Boxers don't tolerate it well. I know some say it's ok in small doses...but why take the risk when there are other drugs to use? Amitriptyline can be given to greys and helps or valium if needed. I am so glad she is OK :)

Sorry but I'll go along with my vets, all of whom have been treating hundreds, if not thousands of track and pet greys for decades. Ace is okay with proper dosing.

I agree. I question my vet on things but I do trust him.