Half The Fixator Is Gone!

Guest urchin

Guest urchin

Just wanted to post some positive news here! After 10 weeks, half of Blue's external fixator has been removed. I expected a lot of GSOD's tonight, but they must have him on some super painkillers because he's been sitting and playing with toys, ate a great dinner and is now zonked out. It's so nice to see the two legs side by side while he's sleeping (they removed the half of the fixator that was between the legs). The next week we expect some real favoring of the leg, but he seems in good spirits and was happy to be home hanging out with his buddies. Hopefully he can have the other half removed next visit - 6 more weeks :)

Gratuitous cute Blue pictures:

3840922475_eaa8bb3583_o.jpg3840927337_8f65f4e13d_o.jpg

Glad he is on the mend. Fixators are a bummer to deal with.

I love his ears and cute little happy face.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

He is beautiful! I love the "sloppy drinker" tag :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest urchin
He is beautiful! I love the "sloppy drinker" tag :)

Blue bounced a couple of times because of his high prey drive before we got him, but we like to joke it was because of the drinking! We've literally had people come over and say "is he drinking that or trying to take a bath in it?" The first time it happened the DH and I couldn't stop laughing - now we fill the bowl less and more frequently to try and keep the lake effect to a minimum :colgate

Guest katieandpadfoot

Yeah it's great to hear about getting half of the fixator removed!!! My girl still has all of her's on and it's been 12 weeks...and maybe another 6 to go!!!! Glad Blue is healing well!!! Sending him lots of good quick healing thoughts!!! I know what your going through taking care of him!!! He is so beautifull!!!!

Guest urchin
Yeah it's great to hear about getting half of the fixator removed!!! My girl still has all of her's on and it's been 12 weeks...and maybe another 6 to go!!!! Glad Blue is healing well!!! Sending him lots of good quick healing thoughts!!! I know what your going through taking care of him!!! He is so beautifull!!!!

katieandpadfoot - I remember your girl broke her leg the week before blue broke his, but because we are both new members I couldn't pm you to find out how the ups and downs of the fixator were for you. I'm pretty squeamish, so I'm feeling pretty good that I can clean an open oozy pin like a pro now. Rather than removing two of the four pins they actually sliced the pins off on one side, leaving extremely sharp pin points along the inside leg. Blue practically lives with his basket muzzle on. Better that than a bleeding tongue though. How's your girl been? How old is she? Do they think they are going to remove her whole fixator at once or half like Blue's?