Sherri Had Bloody Diarrhea

Sherri's stomach has been off since Tuesday night. She vomited everything then that she had eaten that day.

She had been turning her nose up at her kibble (which she has done so well on for the past year). She had been picking

at it for about the last two weeks and we opened a new bag on Monday and she really didn't want any part of that.

She had diarrhea a couple of times a day since then, but has been playing and acting normally. I have been trying to

keep her diet bland. I had some metronadizole on hand and on the advice of my daughter (a vet tech), I gave her

two yesterday. She ate white rice with vegetable broth last night. This morning she woke up nauseous

and just brought up a little white froth. I offered her an egg and her rice again, but she did not want either of them.

She did get into some cat kibble and enjoyed that. About a half hour ago, she went to the door and did the bloody

diarrhea. I am taking her to the vet at 1:30. I am sitting here with my hands shaking wondering how she can go

from perfectly normal poops Tuesday night after dinner to this. Could it be parasites? She gets Interceptor on the first

of each month. The only thing I know she ate out in the yard was what was left of a bird carcass (thanks to my outside

cats). I tried to grab it out of her mouth, but I wasn't fast enough. The only other thing I could think of is maybe some

of my feral cats' poop? I never leave her out in the yard alone, so I see where she is going. She does go into the

flower beds and I have seen cat poop in there. Sorry if I am rambling, but I am a nervous wreck. I just want her to

be o.k.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Could be the dead bird :) Flagyl can upset the stomach. Good thing re going to the vet. If he/she wants her on flagyl, get some stomach meds like carafate and ask about pepcid or zantac (dose to give).

Wouldn't hurt to worm her even though she's been on Interceptor with panacur.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Don't panic. Bloody diarrhea is not uncommon with a dog that's had diarrhea for a while. (One of mine went that route after she'd had too much rawhide.)

Definitely go to the vet, but don't fear "the worst."

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest kydie
:clover Please let us know how she made out, and yes if a pup has had the "D" for a while bloody stools can occure, or worms, Good Luck!

Just back from vet. For all intents and purposes, he is calling it HGE. Her belly is tender, although it didn't bother her

when he examined her. She got a shot of Ampicillin and I came home with Proviable, Metronidazole and Sucralfate.

I just gave her a dose of Proviable and he said I could try to feed her tonight. If things worsen overnight, I'm to

take her back for fluids in the morning. The stool results should be back tomorrow also. I am to start the Metronidazole

and Sucralfate tomorrow. He said she could have picked up bacteria from the bird carcass. I will have to pay more

attention to where the feral cats leave their "snacks". She grabbed this one from under a bush.

Any suggestions or advice?

Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

I'm sure she'll start feeling better now that she has some meds. Emmy had HGE also, she recovered quickly.

As far as the birds, mine started wearing muzzles with stool guards so they couldn't pick up anything from the yard. I'd rather they wear them to go out and go potty than have them get sick.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm sure she'll start feeling better now that she has some meds. Emmy had HGE also, she recovered quickly.

As far as the birds, mine started wearing muzzles with stool guards so they couldn't pick up anything from the yard. I'd rather they wear them to go out and go potty than have them get sick.

She has one-I guess I will have to start using it. I never leave her in the yard along-but she grabbed that thing so fast

and it was where I couldn't see it. It was already down her throat by the time I got her mouth opened. These crazy feral

cats of mine love her and jump the gate to be in the yard with her and of course, leave presents for us.

Hopefully, she will start feeling better. Poor baby lost three pounds this week. :(