Demon's Osteo

Guest MorganKonaAlex

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking in on Demon and you today.. I've been thinking about you and hoping that his recovery is continuing to go well (yay for having eaten that full can of food!).

FL

Guest MorganKonaAlex

We carried Demon upstairs and he was quiet through the night. This morning we could see his remaining front leg was extremely swollen from pooling blood. Dr. Massat called at 9am despite it being his day off. I talked to him about Amicar which he hadn't heard of before. I read to him from OSU's web site about it. He thought we needed to give it a try. It got called into the pharmacy. When I called the pharmacy to see if it was ready, I was told they were a compounding pharmacy and it wouldn't be available until Monday. The Vet, DH and I all started working phones until we found a pharmacy with it in stock. So Demon finally got his first dose at 3pm. It will take a while before we know if it's working. Other than that, he's doing pretty well. He'll eat canned food brought to him. He's going in and out for peeing but still very unsure of getting around on 3 legs. He's now wearing a shirt with a pantiliner attached on the inside at the spot that was still oozing. He's such an easy going guy and a people pleaser, he's an easy patient, but I'm having some trouble reading the signals of how he's feeling.

Way to go on finding a pharmacy with the meds in stock!! We've got all our fingers and paws crossed here, hoping that the medication helps and Demon starts feeling steadier on his tripod very soon.

I love the pantyliner idea, what a clever move :-)

Thanks for checking in.

I hope the amicar is helpful and that Demon continues to improve.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.