Todd's Getting Ultrasound On Tues...not Sure What's Wrong

Guest DundeeToddsMom

Guest DundeeToddsMom

We took the gang in for annual wellness check. Todd's bloodwork came back off - higher than last year. They thought he might have Cushings - he went in for a special test where they kept him all day. Results came back negative. Vet said ultrasound would show what's going on inside.

Anyone have any ideas...please keep my Toddy in your thoughts!

Guest SusanP

Sending healthy thoughts to Toddy from Iowa. When will he have the ultrasound? Which bloodwork was off, and what organs do they want to look at with the ultrasound?

Guest DundeeToddsMom

My DH spoke to vet so I dont' have good notes:

His Creatine was 1.7 last year - now 1.9.

In 2005 another value was 200; last year 660, this year 550.

They are doing the abdomen - I think vet is concerned about kidneys. She said we could wait a couple months and test blood again - or do the ultrasound to see what's going on.

Todd doesn't act at all like he's not feeling well though.

Would you have waited and just re-checked blood in a couple months? It's already been 3 weeks since first blood results.

My DH spoke to vet so I dont' have good notes:

His Creatine was 1.7 last year - now 1.9.

In 2005 another value was 200; last year 660, this year 550.

They are doing the abdomen - I think vet is concerned about kidneys. She said we could wait a couple months and test blood again - or do the ultrasound to see what's going on.

Todd doesn't act at all like he's not feeling well though.

Would you have waited and just re-checked blood in a couple months? It's already been 3 weeks since first blood results.

I know what what you are going thru is upsetting but, can you get the name of the test that was 200 and is now 550? Maybe the vet's office can give you a copy of all the blood work ....

Did they do a urinalysis?

If it was my dog, I would not wait to do further testing. Hopefully it will be nothing but, if something does show up then you've probably caught it early enough that you'll have options for treatment.

Good Luck