Sonora Won't Eat

Guest greyhoundchick

Guest greyhoundchick

My baby girl Sonora suddenly stopped eating which is very suprising to me because she is usually a pig. She ate normal last night and when I served up her food this morning she ran towards it like always but suddenly stopped when she got to the food and went back to her bed. She is been acting very strangely. Is there something else that I can give her so she can at least eat something? Should I expect her to get sick later on today? Thank you in advance for all your responses!

-Marta

I've had dogs do that and either the food was bad or there was a problem with a tooth. Are you at the end of a bag? How are you storing it? Did you buy a new bag? Has she had a checkup at the vet recently? Has she ever done this before?

Lots of questions I know but hopefully it will make you think of possibilities. Sometimes they will skip a meal and I don't get concernec, but I do wonder when they do what she did--act like she will eat then smells the food and won't touch it. When that happens I return the food.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest greyhoundchick

We store it in a container in our house and its not near the bottom yet its a new bag of food. She has never done this before she loves food :D . And she went to the vet not to long ago because something was wrong with her leg so they might of checked up on her there.

Guest Energy11
I've had dogs do that and either the food was bad or there was a problem with a tooth. Are you at the end of a bag? How are you storing it? Did you buy a new bag? Has she had a checkup at the vet recently? Has she ever done this before?

Lots of questions I know but hopefully it will make you think of possibilities. Sometimes they will skip a meal and I don't get concernec, but I do wonder when they do what she did--act like she will eat then smells the food and won't touch it. When that happens I return the food.

Yes, I totally agree with Burpdog. I'd keep an eye on her, and take it from there. How old is she? Good Luck with this! D

Depending on where you live and where you buy the food and who the distributor is, it could be a bad bag. Here is Houston, the weather is already awful and I know one distributor stores the food outside in unairconditioned trailers. This can cause it to become rancid. I know one retailer who isn't good with a/c and my vet's "kids" got very ill after feeding a new bag from that store.

If she continues I'd return it and get another bag.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest greyhoundchick

Well I cant find the bag my mom must of put it in her car. But the thing is my foster dog at the food perfectly fine.

I don't usually get upset if they skip a meal here or there but if she continues to refuse food, I'd start watching for other symptoms.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Jennifer4719
I don't usually get upset if they skip a meal here or there but if she continues to refuse food, I'd start watching for other symptoms.

Me either. Sometimes Xena skips a meal and then she get the loud grumbly belly. Sometimes I put a raw egg on her food and she eats it right up.