My Poor Sweet Boy

Guest koolaidnconner

Guest koolaidnconner

My Kool Aid has some stomach problems since 3am today. Every couple of hours he seems to start panting really hard and then has lots of diaherra. Not sure from what But my poor boy. I hate seeing him so sick he is always the strong one.

Since he took care of me when I was sick I am taking care of my boy today. If he is not better by tomorrow then we will go to the docs.

Should I try feeding some hamburger and rice?

KoolAid007-1-1.jpg

I would do the hamburg and rice to try and get the tummy settled.

Could he have gotten into anything? Is there blood in the diarrhea? Any change in food lately? Any different treats? How is the weather where you are - did it get hot?

Guest koolaidnconner

I don't think he got into anything. Nothing seems to be missing food wise...lol...No blood. And no change in food. Nothing differant food wise.

It did get hot yesterday though. We finally got some nice weather. Maybe a change in weather??.. IDK.

Guest Che_mar_Cody

I wouldn't try anything for at least 12 hours and let his stomach rest, just make sure he's keeping hydrated as best as possible.

I wouldn't try anything for at least 12 hours and let his stomach rest, just make sure he's keeping hydrated as best as possible.

Exactly. Although, I would probably give him a Pepcid A/C (10 mg) to help control the acid in his empty stomach.

The problem with not feeding a bland diet is that the stomach could get more upset from not having anything in it and result in vomiting of the bile. Vomiting and diarrhea presenting together is a more serious problem than just diarrhea. Also, not feeding does not let you know whether your dog "no longer wants to eat" which is also an indication of escalating problems.

Edited to add:

Call the vet and see what they recommend.

Edited by MaryJane

Guest Energy11

I, personally, am not a fan of fasting. I KNOW what my stomach feels like empty.

Might want to try a 20 mg Pepcid AC, and some PLAIN yogert and PLAIN pumpkin. Usually works for mine.

Hope your sweet boys feels better ... SOON!

Try giving him pepcid about 30 minutes before feeding and stick to a bland diet for a couple of days and see what happens.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest koolaidnconner

Sorry everyone. He is good as pie now. He was pretty lethargic the other day but got over it that night. I thought I was going to have to take him to the E Vet as he would not drink or eat but around 10pm I guess he decided he was hungry and ate finally every stayed in him.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.