On Antibiotics For Gum Infection

Guest mickie37

Guest mickie37

My foster is going to get antibiotics for a gum infection,and I would like to provide him with a supplement to maintain his Bowel flora. He is thin and I don't want him to lose weight. I feed RMB and he gets ground egg shells because his mouth is too sore to chew bones. He already has organic plain yogurt in his meal plan.

Thanks in advance for any advice.unsure.gif

Mickie

Ohio on the North Coast

Jet is on antibiotics for his dental which is tomorrow. I have had him on acidopholus and will continue for a few weeks after. He is doing really well, very firm poop after a week.

Just thought to add, don't give the pro biotics with the antibiotic, that includes yogurt too. I stagger them between the antibiotic doses.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest mickie37

Just thought to add, don't give the pro biotics with the antibiotic, that includes yogurt too. I stagger them between the antibiotic doses.

thanks I did not know that.

Mickie

Acidolphillus pills. Better than yogurt as it is more concentrated.

Is there a recommended dose for a 66 pound grey?

Mickie

I give two caps a day.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.