Are We Having Fun Yet? Stitches And Probably Skin Cancer

Guest hllb

Guest hllb

Gee, it's been fun lately...we went on vacation...a friend stayed at our house to watch the animals. Izzy somehow got out and went to the neighbor's house and was injured by their dog (who was tied up). Our dogsitter didn't think it needed treatment other than keeping it clean and our friends who also saw it said it was healing well. Then, the night before we got home, she ripped it open on her crate. So, when we got home at 8:00 at night on a Friday, this is what we found:

542594805_JwKsF-M.jpg

So, off to the e-vet we go. $700 later....(actually, the photo is from about a week later)

542592414_A6c6M-M.jpg

*sigh* But wait, there's more! I took the dogs in tonight for their annual vaccinations and for Izzy to get her stitches out. And the vet finds the little beauty below and says it's very likely a type of skin cancer. Since it was quite small, he recommended freezing it off so we did that (and yay, that was only $80!). So not only is Izzy accident prone, she's unlucky too. Ugh.

542592301_etXsB-M.jpg

So, please keep Izzy in your thoughts. She needs it this month!

Oh my gosh, poor Izzy! That's a nasty looking wound.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Energy11

Yeah... in a way, it worked out, so you caught the skin cancer. Looks like a Melanoma. Keep us posted.

Poor Iggy! :grouphug

Ai yi yi. Hope pupper heals quickly and well!

Don't worry too much about the bump. We here have had lots of ugly looking ones, and they've all turned out to be nothing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Holy cow!!! That must have been so traumatic to come home to! Hope she's feeling better soon!

Don't worry too much about the bump. We here have had lots of ugly looking ones, and they've all turned out to be nothing.

Ditto. Hailey had one on her back---the vet put her on antibiotics, and it eventually dried up and fell off.

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Guest TurnerMiller01

OH MY GOODNESS.... :blink::blink::eek

I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW SOMEONE COULD THINK THAT DID NOT NEED IMMEDIATE ATTENTION...

I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU HAD TO COME HOME FROM VACATION TO SEE THAT.

AND I AM SO SORRY THAT YOUR DOG HAD THAT HAPPEN TO HIM.

MANY PRAYERS FOR YOU AND YOUR PUP ON A SPEEDY RECOVERY.

:hope:hope:hope

Poor Baby!!!!! Sending lots of prayers and hugs!!!!! :hope:hope:hope:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Poor Izzy .....

That is one friend that would never be allowed to watch my animals again. :bugeye

Thank goodness Izzy went TO the neighbor's house (even though she was injured) - she could have been lost forever or hit by a car, running loose like that.

Wow - I'm sending you a BIG hug.

It is painful when you trust someone and they let you down.

and sweet Izzy is paying the price.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Oh my goodness, poor Izzy! Fingers crossed that the freezing worked just fine, and you won't have any more problems (you've had enough!)

:omg Poor Izzy! Hope she's on the mend - for good this time. Ouch! That was a nasty gash she had!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Spencers_Greyt

OMG! :eek Poor poor Izzy! That horrible tear looks just like what happened to Spencer when Buzz got after him. And yes it was very expensive to get stitched up. Especially hard since the skin is so very thin! I hope the skin cancer was caught in time. It must be okay since the vet didn't want to surgically remove it. Hope Miss Izzy stays out of trouble for a while!