Frontline And Advantage

Guest FordRacingRon

Guest FordRacingRon

I have a quick question. I am not going to try and rehash the which one to use,,my quesiton is about using both.

I have decided to alternate Frontline and Advantage. Frontline is not working right now on the fleas and I have not actually seen a tick on Leia since the summer of 2007. I want to rotate Frontline one month with Advantage the next until the ticks show up and then probably stick with just the Frontline (or get one of those tick collars). Has anyone done the rotation thing and can anyone think of a reason this would be bad?

Seems like most have had a lot of luck with Advantage but no so much with the Frontline

Edited by FordRacingRon

Guest Cris_M

My vet didn't have any objection to alternating the two as long as treatments did not overlap. She said it probably wouldn't make any difference though.

Guest Energy11

I worked for a vet for over four years ... can't see any reason you can't rotate, if that works :-)

ME? I stopped using them as neither seemed to work. I just use Adams Flea and Tick Spray, which .. .fingers crossed, is working well for my five.

Good Luck!

Why bother using one if it doesn't seem to be working?

I use Frontline Plus, and George has never had a flea--nor did my last dog.

The Preventic collars do work really well though!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest FordRacingRon
Why bother using one if it doesn't seem to be working?

I use Frontline Plus, and George has never had a flea--nor did my last dog.

The Preventic collars do work really well though!

Honestly? We bought a 6 month supply of FL which I have 4 tubes left. My DW is having a fit at my suggestion to just go with the collar and the AD since I bought the FL. So I only am doing this alternating deal to get the FL used up and keep peace in the house because "you spend too much on that dog with the treats and junk you buy, so you have to use up the Frontline."