Poop Talk - Again

Guest 4baddogs

Guest 4baddogs

Zoe's been on metronidazole and sulfasalazine for a week now. Her poop isn't mucousy, but it's not yet firm. She's been really lethargic for the past two days and at the risk of sounding like a complete wacko I'll just say it - she and I are kindred spirits: when one of us is sick the other feels it. I had surgery last Thursday and feel like crap so I'm thinking she's having sympathy pains. :blush That's how I always know her elbow is bothering her before she shows outward signs.

Stop laughing and let's move on, shall we? :P

I've been feeding her satin balls for about 5 days because she wouldn't eat her dog food. I'm afraid that may be part of her poop issues. She HATES chicken so I won't even bother making that. She loves venison so I am cooking deer steak and shredding it into brown rice. Is "real" venison, as opposed to processed, ok for her to eat?

Thanks

What is the consistincy of the poop and for how long? HO long on the meds? Tested for worms yet?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

If you think she's unusually lethargic, call your vet. Might be reaction to the sulfasalazine, in which case that should be discontinued.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest 4baddogs
What is the consistincy of the poop and for how long? HO long on the meds? Tested for worms yet?

The poop is kind of like corn meal mix. She's been on the meds one week today. Negative test for worms.

If you think she's unusually lethargic, call your vet. Might be reaction to the sulfasalazine, in which case that should be discontinued.

She'll be 15 in August, so she's well beyond her perky years. She'll usually terrorize her babies (stuffed animals) once a day, but she's not done that in a week or so. My husband commented that Kirby hasn't been his usual self since Zoe's been sick lately. And Kirby is normally INSANE.

Anyway, she devoured the rice/venison mix. I'm glad because she hates everything.