Screaming Grey- Any Ideas -possible Cause?

Guest greymama002

Guest greymama002

Ruffie (age 3) began a series of loud yelps this morning at about 5:30 A.M. He was lying on his side on the dog bed; our other grey, Pulsar, was nearby but not close enough to have stepped on him. The screams continued for several moments. It sounded like he was really in pain, we tried gently moving different body parts to find the source of pain, but nothing seemed to be the cause. We called his name, but he just lay there yelping, not moving; then it suddenly stopped. We kept talking to him and he slowly got up on his own. He went outdoors and did his business, came back in and had his treat, then lay back down without an further incident. He ate his breakfast normally, and was his normal self on his walk.

I have heard the greys yipe once or twice when they bump themself or step on each other, but never have had it go on & on like that. Could it have been some kind of muscle cramp or something? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Guest louise

could have been dreaming, got some cramp, given himself a dead leg from sleeping funny or just trying to scare the xxxx out of you with the greyhound scream of death... hoping it is not anything more serious.

Does sound like a muscle cramp - Cody used to get them, especially in the year or so after I got her. Sometimes I could actually FIND the muscle that was firing! I'd massage it.

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest greymama002

Thanks! Haven't been any other incidences today, so hopefully it was just a muscle cramp. He is known at our vet's for being "sensitive", (i.e Drama King)