Bee Propolis Worked

Our Vet confirmed that Jake had a corn on his front foot. Since it was on the front edge of the pad and wasn`t causing him any discomfort I opted to give Bee Propolis a try.

Today we used the last capsule and when I looked, with a magnifying glass, I couldn`t find the corn. Nothing, no trace. To be honest, I am not sure which of his two middle left toes it was on but it is gone! :yay

Since we are dealing with the unexplained swelling and limping, I see this as a major victory!

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest greydogluvr

Amazing. That is super!!! How long did the treatment take. Is it topical? I need some. Willie has corns on his three remaining feet. This is my first experience with them. He never had them before his amputation and I want them gone. Hugs for a limp free boy

Edited by greydogluvr

Amazing. That is super!!! How long did the treatment take. Is it topical? I need some. Willie has corns on his three remaining feet. This is my first experience with them. He never had them before his amputation and I want them gone. Hugs for a limp free boy

I started giving him the Bee Propolis sometime near the end of Jan. We finished a bottle of 100. Obviously there were some missed doses, as my DH only remembers the fish oil. :rolleyes I give it with every meal when I feed them.

I got the capsules and dropped one 500 mg cap in his food. I did notice about a month ago that it was a lot smaller and more defined looking.

Editing to add that I just can`t get over how much Willie looks like Jake. They could be brothers. Whats his racing name

Edited by foxysmom

Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest longdogs

Was it used internally or externally? As a beekeeper I am intrigued. Propolis is a mixture of resins, sap, waxes etc collected from plants by bees as a general purpose glue and construction material, so its constituents differ regionally and seasonally. It can be a nuisance and also frequently causes dermatitis. Other than being sticky and with slight antiseptic properties (like many plant resins) so possibly useful externally for minor wounds, how is it supposed to work? If ingested, my best guess is it would pass straight through like most of the materials it is made of.

You can get different forms, topical and internal. I chose the caps for convenience.

I`ve known some others use it and have had mixed success.

Here is one of the web sites I found about it`s benefits Bee Propolis

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

Guest greydogluvr

I started giving him the Bee Propolis sometime near the end of Jan. We finished a bottle of 100. Obviously there were some missed doses, as my DH only remembers the fish oil. :rolleyes I give it with every meal when I feed them.

I got the capsules and dropped one 500 mg cap in his food. I did notice about a month ago that it was a lot smaller and more defined looking.

Editing to add that I just can`t get over how much Willie looks like Jake. They could be brothers. Whats his racing name

Thanks for the info. Willie's racing name is Rapid Freddie. Wouldn't that be great if they were related.

Guest Jules
You can get different forms, topical and internal. I chose the caps for convenience.

I`ve known some others use it and have had mixed success.

Here is one of the web sites I found about it`s benefits Bee Propolis

Hi... I am new here. I have a grey with a persistent corn. I tried Abreva for a while... it's expensive and I don't think it did anything. After reading about propolis on a list serve and consulting with our vet, I purchased a tube of aloe and propolis. Today I started to apply it externally to his corn. Does it work externally? I saw a lot of dietary supplements, but I wasn't sure it would work on a corn. I also hesitate to give things internally. Thanks in advance for your input.

Yay for no corn for sweet Jake!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren