Attention Ontarion Greytalkers

kjw

I was at my chiropractor's last week, and she asked me if I would send in a response to the recent proposal that's being made by the College of Veterinarians of Ontario. I was told that this proposal meant that any visit to a chiropractor by an animal would require a vet's referral and supervision. When I went to their site (http://www.cvo.org/uploadattachments/Compl...rnative2009.pdf) I found that the college was attempting to take over virtually all alternative methods of treating our pets. It would be left up to a vet what treatment modality we could use. This proposal gives unprecedented power to veterinarians, and truly negates all the years of training that most alternative practitioners have invested in. It would also double or triple the amount of money spent simply to go to the chiropractor for a simple adjustment for your dog, if the proposal passed you would need to get a full assessment and workup done first, and I'd imagine only allopathic means would be used.

Personally, I want to be able to continue to use the modalities that work for us, and I think we deserve to retain the right to determine what's best for our hounds.

If you would like to make a submission and let the OVC know what you think of this, I can email you a submission form that's been drawn up to address chiropractic care. Just drop me a line at information @ awesome-paws .com or to make a submission on the entire proposal, go to the link posted above.

We have only until April 15 to respond the this proposal.

Karen

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Gee, maybe I should post this in EEG.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)