Henry Has W O R M S

Guest EmilyAnne

Guest EmilyAnne

On today's walk, I noticed the unmistakable presence of white worms in his stool, looks kinda like rice, but slightly longer pieces, and flatter. Is this tapeworms I think? Havent dealt with worms in my pets for 15 years and I'm not sure what I do next. Do I pick something up at pet supply store? Is a trip to the vet in order? I assume I need to treat both my dogs right?

I'm not sure how he got them. My dogs are not around other dogs. Our trip last week to Virginia, at the hotel, there was a lot of unscooped dog feces on the grass area ( :angry: ), but Henry couldn't have developed worms that fast could he? I only have computer tonight, tomorrow I take computer in to be repaired, so I will not be able to read replies or respond to replies after tonight.

Guest EmilyAnne
Tapes, you need prescription stuff. I use Droncit I think.

Dogs get them from eating fleas.

fleas????? :eek *goes to check everyone for fleas*

Yes, you need a script for those. We've had them and they were hard to get rid of, Teddy needed two rounds of the meds.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest hvacman250

He doesnt necessarily have to HAVE fleas, but he ate a flea. Could have came from something outside i.e grass, poo, etc

Guest EmilyAnne

He doesnt necessarily have to HAVE fleas, but he ate a flea. Could have came from something outside i.e grass, poo, etc

Thanks for clarifying. I'm still gonna beon the lookout for fleas just to be safe. I have been checking everybody, and I'm not seeing evidence thus far of fleas.

Will be calling vet tomorrow morning.

Guest KennelMom

Our vet will give us the tapewormer from us just telling them we saw tapes. You may not need to bring him him...at most, bring in a sample. But tapes are pretty obvious.

Guest ShootersDad

Tapeworms happen. You should be able to pick up some Droncit from the vet without taking Henry. They know his weight, Take a tapeworm sample if they would like to see it.