Vern Seizured

Guest Geesh

Guest Geesh

VERN UPDATE...

He has been Seizure free since that day in Febr,,,, he is still on 50 mg of pheno twice a day. I suppose we should do someblood work to ae sure all is well & the medication is not damaging him internally.

He has been such a good boy.

Thank you for all your concerns.... bill

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful news! :clap:clap:clap

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Energy11

Curfew was having seizures, ... we don't know why (we THINK he MIGHT have a "presumed" brain tumor), b;ut without an MRI, we really don't know. Every since he started the phenobarbitol (97.2 mg twice a day), **his levels are FINALLY theraputic*** and, his high blood pressure meds, Enalapril 20 mg. twice a day, he has been GREAT! I DO keep a syringe (no needle) loaded with 10 mg of liquid Valium, which I can give trans-rectally if needed during a prolonged seizure. It works ALMOST as fast an an IV, as it is absorbed by the tissues, blood vessels in the rectum. You might want to mention trans-rectal Valium to your vet, to have, just in case.

Good Luck, and yes, seizures can be controlled.

He should have his blood levels and liver enzymes checked every 6 months. It's a simple blood test and will give the vet all the info he needs to know. If you're worried about it affecting his liver, you can start him on Milk Thistle, this will protect his liver from the meds he has to take.

It's so good to hear that he's doing so well! Congratulations!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee