Eating The Yellow Snow

Guest ArtysPeople

Guest ArtysPeople

Arty has recently developed a taste for yellow snow. I suspect that when pee is frozen solid, he can't smell it very well, so he's developed a technique of licking yellow snow, sometimes breaking a bit off with a paw and even eating it! :eek

So it occurred to me to wonder, is there a health risk to him from eating random dogs' pee? If it matters, the pee has frozen solid, but it's still relatively fresh (less than a day).

Guest ArtysPeople

I would pull him away, but he really enjoys it so much, I don't want to deny him . . . he's normally very scent-motivated, and this just seems to be the best he can do in the frozen winter, the poor thing. I just wanted to make sure there weren't any parasites or anything he might be exposed to that I hadn't considered.

Oh, and this year's coat is a very preppy, J.Crew-like plaid. I need to get a shot of it before winter is over . . . good thing I have another three months or so. :rolleyes:

Edited by ArtysPeople

There must be something not good with eating yellow snow because when I was little, my mom always told us kids to never eat yellow snow. (Mom always knew best!) Tell him to stop eating it, and that parents know best about these things!