Ok, What's Going On?

Guest isntitgreyt

Guest isntitgreyt

I feel silly posting about this but I'm concerned and could use some advice. Molly decided to quit eating on Sunday. She is eating some but usually she gets 2 cups a day twice a day. Now she's eating maybe 1 cup all together. She's never been like that but she does know when it's treat time and comes around for them :)

Tonight, I got home from work and as soon as I walked in the door the smell about made me vomit. I couldn't find what it was but I knew it came from the room my dogs' crates are in. I took everybody out and brought them in to feed them. Foxy went in her crate and I gave her her food. She didn't take any bites. She just stared vomiting yellow liquid with a terrible smell. I pulled her bed out of her crate and found that she'd done it earlier as well. I didn't see it at first because her blanket is a dark red with a crazy pattern. It looks like there was some diahrrea on her bear in the crate too.

I am not panicing and will pay close attention to both my girls for the next few days but my concern is these things happening within a few days. It's making me a little nervous. My foster girl, Earth doesn't eat much either but she hasn't since she came. My Boston Terrier seems to be fine. There' nothing in the backyard they can be getting into that I know of other than mud. They've definetly been in the mud :lol

I didnt' feed Foxy tonight and I won't feed her in the morning either. But other than that, any suggestions?? Both were just at the vet for check ups a few months ago and everybody is up to date on shots. The reason I mention that is because a lady 3 streets up from me in my neighborhood got attacked by a cat that turned out to be rabid. There are no stray cats in my backyard or any other animals that I've ever seen. I do have a 6 foot privacy fence.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!!

Edited by isntitgreyt

Guest greytloves

that yellow vomit that smells is probably bile from an empty tummy.

you could try browning some turkey and adding some rice for a few days. maybe just to calm her tummy down. But if this is unusual for her, I would not let it go long as the weekend is coming up and if she still is like this 4-5 days from now, it could mean a trip to the e-vet.

Guest isntitgreyt
Have they had any peanut butter?

No, they don't even like it anyway! Their food and treats are all the same. The only thing I can think of different is that they each got a piece of cheese during the Super Bowl and that's because they were begging my mom who couldn't resist. But that was all 4 dogs not just Foxy and Molly.

The not eating much I would watch for signs of pain (blockage) and the vomiting would actually worry me more (dehydration) in the immediate time-frame. How are the other 2 dogs acting? Anyone in the house been sick? Wouldnt hurt to at least call the vet and run things past them. They have more accurate questions and things to look for to help decide when to come in.

Guest isntitgreyt
The not eating much I would watch for signs of pain (blockage) and the vomiting would actually worry me more (dehydration) in the immediate time-frame. How are the other 2 dogs acting? Anyone in the house been sick? Wouldnt hurt to at least call the vet and run things past them. They have more accurate questions and things to look for to help decide when to come in.

The other 2 dogs are acting fine. Foxy is drinking and I just took her out and she's acting like she wants to run and play. I didn't let her, so now I'm getting the stink eye:) I'm going to call the vet tomorrow. Nobody in the house has been sick.

Guest isntitgreyt

UPDATE... I took Foxy to the vet yesterday am because through the previous night she had diahrrea. After she went outside yesterday am, she came in and vomited what looked like poo. The vet thinks she could have a mild case of pancreatitis but they let me bring her home with meds for D/V and she's on a bland diet. They injected her with the fluid between her shoulder blades. This am she was acting back to normal and getting mad at me for not just letting her run in the backyard. So far so good. If she has anymore V/D she will go back and spend some time in the hospital.

Guest isntitgreyt
Wow! Glad you took her to the vet, pancreatitis can (is) be very serious!

The reason I waited until Thursday was because on Wed she had no V/D and was acting normal. She didn't eat Wed morning because I didn't feed her but I did feed her Wed night and she ate like normal. I haven't given her any treats since this all started and she doesn't like that much either.

The vet said if this didn't clear up she'd have to lean towards pancreatitis but so far so good so :goodluck she'll be completely back to normal soon.

How are Foxy and Molly today?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest isntitgreyt
How are Foxy and Molly today?

Both are doing really good. Foxy's still on a bland diet but I will start to add her kibble back in tomorrow. She's acting like the spoiled baby she is :) Molly is eating, but I think she doesn't need as much as I've fed her, so I cut her back to 1 cup a day. She seems happy with that!

Will one cup a day provide enough calories to maintain Molly's weight? So glad everyone is feeling better!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest isntitgreyt
Will one cup a day provide enough calories to maintain Molly's weight? So glad everyone is feeling better!

I just reread my last post and I meant 1 cup twice a day instead of 2 cups twice a day. Molly is not underweight by any means so I think she'll be fine. She still gets treats too.