Ace Is Licking Everything

Yesterday and today it seems that Ace is walking around licking everything...she was licking my boyfriend's coat (which has some blood on it from a car accident he was in and we haven't got it cleaned yet, so I can see how that might be worth a lick or two I guess :blink: )...but she's also been licking the furniture and this little floor chair (kind of like a video game chair)...and then the floor. Can't see that anything was spilled anywhere, and I haven't cleaned the floor with any kind of a chemical or anything lately...so she'd be licking dirt and hair off of the floor (it's ceramic tile).

It's just kind of weird. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone with a hypothyroid pup ever see this behavior?

She also acts "normal" and spunky most of the time, but in the evenings she seems SOOOOOOO tired. I wonder if she doesn't nap very well during the day when I'm gone from 10am to 10pm, even though my boyfriend is here until 3:30pm every day. Might be time to have her thyroid checked again I suppose.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Years ago, we had a wirehaired fox terrier that did that for a day or so. No apparent cause, and no reason for it to spontaneously resolve. He actually dragged his tongue along the carpet at one point. Very odd.

He lived for many years after that, though.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Guest myneedlenose

Our grey "grooms" every couch and dog bed he can get his tongue on. Don't know why, vet doesn't know why, it has been chalked up to behavioural in our case. Mayhem will lick the chenille couch for hours if we don't stop him, we think it has become an attention seeking behaviour now.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Chelsa is a licker. If I don't stop her (because I am sleeping) I'll wake up with a wet pajama top from her licking my back while we sleep. She licks the couch, her own legs, blankets, whatever... I am assuming it is a comfort thing. I usually try to distract her if she's doing it excessively. It seems to have lessened since she's been here, perhaps she is feeling more at home.

Guest poopsie1

Stanley started licking a couple of weeks ago - his beds, the coffee table, the couch. I don't know what's prompted this but he's still his goofy self so I guess it's nothing,