Rubber Duck Update

Guest hattiepumpkin

Guest hattiepumpkin

I just took Hattie outside. She was excited to go out, she wagged her tail at everyone she saw, she sniffed, peed, and then she pooped. It was a solid poop. There wasn't much of it, but she also hasn't had a ton to eat today. Is that good news? She hasn't vomitted up the chicken or food--it's been about 2 1/2 hours since I gave her the can of chicken, and maybe about 1 1/2 hours since I gave her the 1/2 cup of kibble. Is this good?

Yep, that's good. :)

Don't want to frighten you, but Joseph had his blockage incident (and weekend at the e-vet, and then surgery) 8 months after eating Zema's favorite vinyl toy. He pooped out a lot of it and never had a moment's distress until 8 months later .....

If things are moving properly, usually vet won't do anything. It's a "watchful waiting" game.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Same with Ryan. He ate something that didn't start to cause him a problem until 8 months later. Then after a trip to the vet and some discomfort for a few days for him, he pooped the offending last bit of the toy out.

A friend's lab ate a football and it was out of the way for a year before he puked it up one day.

If it starts to cause problems, head to the vet. There's a good chance rubber ducky will make an appearance later on its own though.

Guest Greytnorth

We just went through this with our own girl last week. She ate a bunch of string from a rug that we had in our kitchen. She still had bowel movements for the first couple of days but within a few days, she started vomiting. Keep a close eye on her and if she shows any signs that she's not feeling herself or if she starts vomiting, bring her to your vet. Hopefully everything will pass on it's own.

Good Luck