Say Hello, Hello Hello To Ringo

dlgwarner

Hi and Welcome from Michigan!

I also had an Afghan hound before I made the switch to Greyhounds.

They do wiggle their way into your heart!

(If you give your husband a bit of time to adjust, you can soon add hound #2 to your house .... LOL!)

You need to take Ringo and your family to GIG (Greyhounds in Gettysburg) at the end of April. It's a weekend of shopping, seminars, activities for hounds and humans and of course, the history of the place. Fun for the whole family and it's so cool to see hundreds of hounds all over town, no matter where you go.

Thanks for the tip. We haven't been to Gettysburg yet and the boys would really enjoy it. Last October, while we were still waiting to be matched, we took the ride down to Dewey for a day at Reach the Beach. It was geyt!

Mom to:

Littermates Ringo (Pak Sgt Pepper)at the bridge, Paul (Pak Penny Lane) and John (Pak Let it Be). The three reunited Beatle Brothers.

Welcome to GT, Debbie! You realize that you are never going to be able to get away with anything now! Ringo comes with a built in fan club!

It makes me smile to see the wonderful, warm welcome that you have gotten. There are lots and lots of very special folks on this board!

Kisses to Ringo from one of his "grandmas".....

:wub:

Cathie, Jenn, Dione and Marilyn,

Thanks again for for all you have done for Ringo and for all the hounds you care for and place in forever homes. I really appreciate the warm welcome on GT as well. Whenever people ask about Ringo's race and pre-retirement life, I have said that he only raced for a short while but it really seemed to me that, based on his great physical shape and his laid-back demeanor, he was very well cared for before making the trip up. Now I know how right I was!

Hubby really likes him a lot (dare I say loves him :eek) as he frequently will pet him and kiss his beautiful forehead. He's just not as confident and laid back (he's and engineer after all :rolleyes: ) interacting with Ringo as I am, but getting better every day. I even had Eddie over for a play date with Ringo and they had a great time. I was secretly hoping that, seeing how much Ringo enjoyed the company of another grey, my husband would suggest we take Eddie too. I haven't specifically brought it up yet, but I haven't abandoned the idea yet either. I do have to admit that I have my own second thoughts about two, when I consider some of the things that we might not be able to do with them if we have two, including taking them with us when we visit family or go on vacation (ie, we couldn't fit 4 people, 2 dogs and luggage all in the van.)

I'd also love to compare some Ringo notes as I work on ironing out the minor wrinkles of our new lives together, such as farts that could gag a maggot, coprophagia and still soft stools (a recent fecal was negative and after Drontal Plus, there are no more signs of tapeworm.) I have more info in this post I made on the nutrition page. Greyhound Gas I'm really glad to have "found" you on GT Take care!

Mom to:

Littermates Ringo (Pak Sgt Pepper)at the bridge, Paul (Pak Penny Lane) and John (Pak Let it Be). The three reunited Beatle Brothers.

I'll give you ONE guess as to who this is:

405ringo4.jpg

405ringo3.jpg

405ringo2.jpg

Ringo spent sometime racing for us and while here, I was able to get these pics of him. He spent the majority of his career racing in Orlando... they took REALLY good care of him while there and I told everyone when he got back to our farm, "He looks like he just came out of our kennel."

Here's a link to Ringo's races... Pak Sgt. Pepper

Congratulations on adopting a truly sweet and special boy :)

I recognize those photos and the videos as well. The photos are fantastic! Your shots? (My husband and I are avid nature photographers. But tht's discussion topic for a different forum altogether) I watched all of the videos while we were awaiting Ringo's arrival, trying to learn a little about his history. Based on the Greyhound Database and your website, I assumed that Ringo hadn't raced since 5/16/07. I guessed that he had too much propensity to go wide in the turns (occasionally taking out other dogs in the process) so you stopped racing him. But it sounds like he was still racing but they didn't make it into the database. Not that it really matters now since his best race was into our hearts. I can vouch for "truly sweet and special." He most certainly is!

Mom to:

Welcome from Northeast PA, we were dogless for about ten years or so and really were not thinking of getting another dog until a local pet baker/groomer had a meet and greet and we stopped by to see the hounds, thats when we saw a picture of Lady Chauncey and the rest is history, then a 18 months later Our Miss Tess a senior Brood Momma joined the family. Congrats and Good Luck.

Welcome from Ontario...have you considered a roof rack for your luggage to make room for another grey...just a suggestion :lol

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

How fortunate to have these great pictures of your gorgeous boy offered to you, along with a bit of his history! Congratulations to Ringo's new parents!

I too was thinking roof top luggage storage + 1 extra Greyhound.

I'll give you ONE guess as to who this is:

405ringo4.jpg

405ringo3.jpg

405ringo2.jpg

Ringo spent sometime racing for us and while here, I was able to get these pics of him. He spent the majority of his career racing in Orlando... they took REALLY good care of him while there and I told everyone when he got back to our farm, "He looks like he just came out of our kennel."

Here's a link to Ringo's races... Pak Sgt. Pepper

Congratulations on adopting a truly sweet and special boy :)

:welcome Hi and welcome from Southern California! Ringo is such a handsome guy! :wub:

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound