Monty's Secondary Pathology Results From His Lymphoma Are In

Guest greytmonty

Guest greytmonty

I know the slides won't get there for a day or two, and then they can take up to a week to be read according to my onco vet. We are proceeding with treatment because we know he has a round cell cancer that is aggressive, I am just hoping this clarifies things in terms of his care and future.

I know the slides won't get there for a day or two, and then they can take up to a week to be read according to my onco vet. We are proceeding with treatment because we know he has a round cell cancer that is aggressive, I am just hoping this clarifies things in terms of his care and future.

You and Monty are in our thoughts as we all wait with you

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest KennelMom
I exchanged a long email with Dr. Marin at OSU. Dr. Couto will do the IHC, which is a way of looking at slides of stained tumour tissue in order to type it, including typing B versus T cell. It can help in planning including prognosis but also give information re treatment. Antech is sending 7 slides, unstained, to OSU today, for $30, and Dr. Couto and team will read them FOR FREE!!!!

My onco vet explained the testing as follows:

......IHC (immunohistochemical staining) on the biopsy sample. They can test for CD3 (T cell), CD79 (B cell) and even CD18 (potential histiocytic). Some times these tumors don't have the normal markings that a specific tumor type should. Genetic mutation and instability is a hallmark of cancer.

OSU to the rescue AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

OSU is is so amazing, they are just beyond words. Dr. Couto sent me sympathies for Harmony today :( Just a thoughtful touch....Greyhound owners are so fortunate to have them and they are FOR SURE on our list of organizations to support every year. Good people doing good work for greyhounds.

I hope you are able to get some answers :grouphug

I exchanged a long email with Dr. Marin at OSU. Dr. Couto will do the IHC, which is a way of looking at slides of stained tumour tissue in order to type it, including typing B versus T cell. It can help in planning including prognosis but also give information re treatment. Antech is sending 7 slides, unstained, to OSU today, for $30, and Dr. Couto and team will read them FOR FREE!!!!

My onco vet explained the testing as follows:

......IHC (immunohistochemical staining) on the biopsy sample. They can test for CD3 (T cell), CD79 (B cell) and even CD18 (potential histiocytic). Some times these tumors don't have the normal markings that a specific tumor type should. Genetic mutation and instability is a hallmark of cancer.

OSU to the rescue AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

:yay:yay Wow! This is just amazing news! Dr. Couto is so amazing. I hope you get some answers soon. It will take a load off your shoulders, I'm sure. :grouphug

Guest greytmonty
That's greyt news! Shall I give Dr. Marin and Dr. Couto hugs for you today? I am getting ready to leave to take Maggie for her chemo treatment today and I will be seeing both of them :)

please do so!!!!!!! Also hugs to you and Maggie and good luck today!