Stomach Ache?

Argos keeps eating grass then throwing it back up. Both last night and tonight. It just started last night. When he threw up it was green bile type with grass strands in it. What can I give him to calm the stomach? Generally my boys have thrown up once and been done with it...but this morning was his third time. And he's whining when he twists around to get comfy. One short, sharp whine. I used to know what to give him but it has completly slipped my sleep-deprived mind so please forgive the dumb question!

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

I am not sure, but I think I have read that it is safe to give your hound peptobismol, or another form of antacid. Dont take my word on it, but I have heard where people do give pepcid when their hound is on certain medications. I am sure someone will chime in.

Chad

Guest dsszarzi

When Beanie threw up, my vet highly recommended Kaopectate. She is about 65 lbs. so he said to give her 15 ml twice a day. I only gave it to her once because it worked.

Guest SoulsMom

Don't let him eat grass, this can only make whatever is upsetting the tummy worse.

Soul has had many tummy issues since Sept. I don't give him anything because I don't want to mask the symptoms. With trying to figure out his condition and what triggers it, I need to know how his tum-tum is feeling . . .

Hope he feels better soon!

When Beanie threw up, my vet highly recommended Kaopectate. She is about 65 lbs. so he said to give her 15 ml twice a day. I only gave it to her once because it worked.

Ok...so he's 55 lbs...any idea how much ml would change?

Don't let him eat grass, this can only make whatever is upsetting the tummy worse.

Soul has had many tummy issues since Sept. I don't give him anything because I don't want to mask the symptoms. With trying to figure out his condition and what triggers it, I need to know how his tum-tum is feeling . . .

I figured the grass was what was making it worse. I correct him when I see it but I know he's managed to grab some...

On the bright side...he just pooped and it was firm and good. :)

Guest dsszarzi

Ok...so he's 55 lbs...any idea how much ml would change?

No much, but I really don't know. To be safe, I would ask your vet what amount to give. Oh..I got the "original" Kaopectate--I did not want to chance the flavored. I used a syringe to administer.

I figured the grass was what was making it worse. I correct him when I see it but I know he's managed to grab some...

On the bright side...he just pooped and it was firm and good. :)

Guest dsszarzi

I've been looking for my notes and finally found them.

My vet said Metamucil if they have diarrhea. Pepcid (acid reducer) if they get gurgley stomach. Kaopectate if they have a tummy ache.

She said Kaopectate is good for symptomatic relief and makes the belly fell better.

Sending many prayers and good wishes. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

ok...he's had good stool. He's not thrown up again. Hopefully it was just the grass. I'm sending DF out there with a weed eater because they only graze off the tall fence line pieces. :) Thanks for advice everybody!

Sending many prayers and good wishes. :grouphug

aww, thanks! Prayers and good wishes go a long way!