Good Thoughts For Casey, Please?

Oh, Casey! You have to forgive your Mom for not "getting it" the first three times! Nice try, though! :lol

So glad she's feeling well enough to let her sense of humor come through! Praying for continued improvement!l

I've had an animal communicator tell me that my dogs won't talk to her - she went on to say it was as if they didn't see the need to. Apparently, we communicate quite well without an AC. :lol

Last night, I drug the airline crate in from the back porch to the bedroom, stuffed it full of blankets, and she slept quietly in there. So sometime today I'll clean it up and that will be her nighttime crate, and we'll all be together again.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here's your 1/21 Casey update. I call her ortho vet tomorrow (1/22) for our 2-week checkup. He said that could be done via phone. I emailed my vet today, for the first time in 10 days. How great is that? I had been doing daily emails, at first.

She continues to do well. Her poop is usually firm, sometimes not so firm. I've been giving her chicken necks/backs to help with her teeth, and it helps her poop, too (let's hear it for secondary benefits).

We're on the phase-out of prednisone (two more tabs between now & Sat), and I'd say that about 50% of the time, she has her regular bouncy walk. The other 50%, she has a wobbly rear-end (makes sense with LS).

I heard some yelps yesterday morning before I was fully awake. I think it was her in her crate, but it might have been Pip in his sleep. But she's sleeping in an airline crate in the bedroom, and I think it's just not quite big enough for her. It's definitely smaller than the wire crate in the livingroom. So last night, I tried to leave her in the livingroom, but that got me a whine-fest. She wants to be with the rest of us, for sure! :lol

So she spent the night in the airline crate again, and there were no yelps this a.m., but still....

I was trying to figure out what to do, and then today I read the "senior greyhounds" thread in Soap Box. The answer was right there: x-pens! I can either set up an x-pen in the bedroom for her, or I can move her wire crate back to the bedroom, and x-pen her corner of the livingroom. (any suggestions for putting an x-pen on a hardwood floor, to protect the floor?)

In the future, I'll explore chiropractic/acupuncture for her, as long as my finances will support it. But I'm thinking I'll wait until we've completed the six-week regimen the ortho vet gave me first, and see what we find out at her re-exam.

She's a happy dog, and has not complained at all this entire time (well, other than whining when confined to a separate room). She takes her meds eagerly, as long as they're coated with peanut butter or hidden in a hot dog. I usually give her a taste of the peanut butter first, and save some for after all the meds, so she'll have non-med peanut butter as well as meds hidden in peanut butter. I always have to save out enough peanut butter to share with the other 2 dogs, of course. :lol

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

• 1 month later...

Update - 2/23

Can't believe it's been a month since I updated y'all. We have our ortho-vet re-eval Tues morning. I'm expecting him to give her a clean bill of health. she's walking fine, no yelps in 6 weeks.

I'll let y'all know what the ortho vet says. I think she's fine, and expect him to think the same thing.

Please keep us posted.

Mais oui!

Just got back from Dr Filer - all is good. :)

Effective immediately, she's off the Tramadol & Robaxin, and we're easing her back up to full activity. One of her hind legs was a little wobbly this morning, but I attribute that to her nervousness at being there, and her nervousness in the car during the trip there. 90% of the time, she has her normal bouncy walk.