Mary Is Sick (long)

Guest bonnebike

Guest bonnebike
I wonder if they have any common ancestors? Jack raced as Flashing Star.

I can't find Mary in greyhound-data so I don't know. She had a broken leg as a puppy and never raced. Her tattoos are 21852 and 83E. Her real name is Mary II according to the adoption paperwork we got.

I hope Mary is continuing on the path to improvement. Hopefully the vet is able to diagnose what she has.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest bonnebike

Mary is continuing to improve. In fact, it's getting hard to keep her quiet.

Per doctor's orders, I've been carrying her up and down the stairs and not taking her out for daily walks. We have baby gates to block the stairs, but we have to make sure to catch her before we take them down or she will try to do them on her own. She's getting around well enough that she could manage it, but we're following our instructions.

She gets animated when we get Del ready for his walk, but she looks worried/disappointed when she's left behind. It breaks my heart because both our guys love their walks. I think we may get the go-ahead once we finish the prednisone regimen and she gets reevaluated.

It's hard to imagine that she was so bad on Saturday I was not sure she would survive the night. We're so happy to have our girl back.

Edited by bonnebike