Another Polli Issue

RobinM

I just noticed that Polli is shedding- more like losing hair like I have never seen. Being a white dog, you can really see what's going on. In addition, her coat is rough and she has a tremendous amount of dry skin flakes which she has NEVER had before.

What the heck is going on?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

It may be chemo related - just like people losing their hair and seeing changes in their skin. Seems to me that Nikki went through the same thing at about this same time in the chemo rotation. It cleared up very quickly after chemo ended. One day at a time, one step at a time, one breath at a time. :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

It may be chemo related - just like people losing their hair and seeing changes in their skin. Seems to me that Nikki went through the same thing at about this same time in the chemo rotation. It cleared up very quickly after chemo ended. One day at a time, one step at a time, one breath at a time. :grouphug

I can deal with that! I was told they don't lose their hair but like I said- if that's the worse, I can deal with that one!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Most likely the chemo. Neko my kitty is on chemo and his coat got very dull, the texture changed and he did lose most of the hair on his ears. His coat is back to normal (very soft), but his ears are still nekkid they feel really funny with no hair!

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

Guest greydogluvr

I bet it os the chemo. When I was at the vet I saw a terrier who was completely bald due to chemo. Hang in there. This has been quite a journey. Big hugs and kisses for Polli.

Guest EmbersDad

do you remember bev's pics of darcy during chemo. she lost a bunch of fur and looked really ratty, and now her coat is full, lusterous and shiny. hang in there polli...take it from a bald man, its not so bad....and for u, itll come back. embers coat still is full and soft, but we are a week behind.

Edited by EmbersDad

I did speak to the vet about this and yes- although not common- it happens, kinda like the saying SH** Happens! ;)

Anyway the chemo attacks the new cells as well as the old. It's just weird that it started yesterday, the day before her chemo which shows you it really stays in their bodies.