Crying

Guest VirginiaGreys

I'm not trying to panic....

Dodge started a little of this crying a few days ago...but as the days have gone by...the frequency has increased. He's not limping, but I can see a little favoritism on the right front shoulder. I think he may have pulled a muscle? I had some deramaxx 10MG (sp?) leftover from Snowie a few months ago..when she was slightly favoring a leg...she got better quickly...so I stopped and she's fine. I gave him a half a pill today...just like the directions said for her.

The crying happens when he goes to lay down or get up or off the sofa/beds...even dog beds. At times he just stands because I think he's afraid of the pain that he'll feel?...so he'll stand for a bit. I was able to get him up on the sofa...and he's fine once he's laying or standing...it's just the motion and muscles that it's required to get into those positions that he'll cry when he's moving into those positions.

So...does this sound like a muscle pull in the shoulder or any other similar experiences that I should think about besides muscle pulls?

I'm really am hoping it's not the medical problems that everyone wants to avoid...and I'm trying hard to not think about those problems.

Could be a pulled muscle. Could be bursitis in his shoulder. That's what Brittne had. Don't panic. :huh

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Guest VirginiaGreys
I'm not trying to panic....

Dodge started a little of this crying a few days ago...but as the days have gone by...the frequency has increased. He's not limping, but I can see a little favoritism on the right front shoulder. I think he may have pulled a muscle? I had some deramaxx 10MG (sp?) leftover from Snowie a few months ago..when she was slightly favoring a leg...she got better quickly...so I stopped and she's fine. I gave him a half a pill today...just like the directions said for her.

The crying happens when he goes to lay down or get up or off the sofa/beds...even dog beds. At times he just stands because I think he's afraid of the pain that he'll feel?...so he'll stand for a bit. I was able to get him up on the sofa...and he's fine once he's laying or standing...it's just the motion and muscles that it's required to get into those positions that he'll cry when he's moving into those positions.

So...does this sound like a muscle pull in the shoulder or any other similar experiences that I should think about besides muscle pulls?

I'm really am hoping it's not the medical problems that everyone wants to avoid...and I'm trying hard to not think about those problems.

Could be a pulled muscle. Could be bursitis in his shoulder. That's what Brittne had. Don't panic. :huh

I tried not to...and I don't think I did...I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't overlooking anything obvious.

Dodge is all better now....at least he has stopped crying since yesterday morning. It was just hearing him cry out 30 times a day ...was making me a little nervous. I'm just so glad that I had some meds to help him start feeling better.

Guest oldNELLIE

We recently had a similar experience with Nellie, she stepped off the couch and started to yelp. She couldn't walk so we took her to the e-vet (not knowing what it could be) and her did all kinds of pushing on her spine. No crying, then he twisted her neck to the side and she yelped. He told us pain in the neck is hard, because it makes everything hurt (as opposed to pain in your foot or something like that). Somehow she pinched or pulled something. We kept her on restricted movement for a few days and with pain meds she was fine about 3 days later.

If Dodge did pull something you may want to keep him from running or going up and down the stairs or on and off furniture. The vet reminded us that dogs don't always do what is best for themselves :) and if the meds are dulling the pain he might do something to hurt himself more.

Good to hear he's doing better. Just an idea if it happens again, I've had great success with Traumeel gel for muscle pulls and even arthritic pain. It's really great stuff and good to have around

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless