New From Edmonton, Alberta

Guest Canadawg1

Guest Canadawg1

Hi, everyone :colgate -

I've read this forum occasionally in the past without registering, but meeting meakah and Koda on Sunday reminded me to de-lurk and say hi. We have a 7 1/2 yr old red brindle named Luke who is charming and delightful (loves all dogs, easy on and off leash, excellent with cats) apart from his severe noise and thunder phobia. He's much happier in winter; we occasionally consider moving to Antarctica, when we're in the middle of a really bad summer. Edmonton isn't a bad substitute, though, and is much better than California, where he had firecrackers all summer and thunder all winter. :eek

Luke was a racer in Colorado, and we got him from Greyhound Friends For Life in the Bay Area. We do some stuff with Chinook Winds (Luke especially likes being an acupuncture demo/palpation training dog) and have been to their picnics and walks a few times.

I'm working on figuring out the picture part (anyone know how to insert Flickr images directly?), and my partner will de-lurk as well at some point.

Anyway, hi!

Canadawg1, mom to Luke, Emma (3 yr old belgian/bc cross), 2 cats (Dean and Abby) and a nameless fish.

Luke and Dean - you haz a flavur

Devil Dog at Halloween

A boy and his hound

Luke on his first day with us

Guest luvmygrey

Welcome from the other side of the country. :wave

We got our Diamond in Sept.,when we first got her we were wondering how she would be in the winter,but she to loves the snow and as long as she has her nice warm coat on she doesn't mind the cold so bad either. :snow:snow

Welcome Luke and Katy - hope to see you soon.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

:welcome2 Hi and welcome from Southern California!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Canadawg1

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I gt busy and distracted and haven't checked back recently, but there's a -39C windchill here today with no signs of warming up, so I can use dogwalking time to check out the forums. :-)

Guest crazy4greys
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I gt busy and distracted and haven't checked back recently, but there's a -39C windchill here today with no signs of warming up, so I can use dogwalking time to check out the forums. :-)

:wave:welcome2 from CT!

I remember those temps when I was visiting once in December for an Oiler's game! It was beyond freezing!! Burrrrr!