Callie - Toe Amp Tomorrow

Callie is home. :) She seems happy to be here. Had a nice drink of water, did some potty business and is sleeping soundly. The vet thought she was having some pain, but knowing how she hates to crate, she may have just been fussing. She hasn't been whining or anything so we're keeping our fingers crossed for a smooth healing process. She goes back to the vet on Monday for a bandage change.

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

Just a little FYI...he has pink bandages...make him put one on her. She's a true fawn...its a whiney true fawn thing...he should know that. Snowy hated being crated...Cynde said Dumplin is the same way...You know Callie Dumplin & Snowy were in the true fawn club, so its just a way of getting what they wanted.

I'm sooooo glad she's home wiff her mommy...

Our vet gave Martin orange and black bandages for Halloween when he broke his toe. :P

By far the biggest challenge was keeping the bandage dry. We ended up putting adult stretchie socks over the splint and dressings, which were quite bulky. The socks stayed on with a little velcro band. When he went outside, we put an IV bag (tied with a gauze strip) over the whole thing. (Of course being a guy, he had a tendency to pee all over his leg, bandage and all, so we put another plastic bag over the IV bag. :wacko: ) Then we had to take all the plastic off when he come in so the foot would get air. I found some cheapie felt booties with plastic soles on Ebay to use once the splint came off. At that point, the challenge was to keep him from licking his leg. We used a muzzle strategically and the sock went back on at night.

I also ordered some Cushie Paws (size medium) from Thera-Paws to keep something on his foot once all the dressings came off, but they were too small. The Cushie Paws sizing doesn't match with the Thera-Paws sizing.

I hope all goes well for your little girl. She'll be so pain free when it's all healed all the hassle will be worth it. :) :)