Miracle Med For The Big D

Guest houndhome

Guest JustLiverTreats

we had always used pumpkin here with pretty good results but this is good-to-know information.....have only had one diarrhea incident since switching to raw but can't rule it out for the future...

I'd be too nervous to give Metamucil to my dogs on a daily basis. From what I remember, the labeling on the containers (powdered form) says that you have to drink about a cup of water with it to ensure that it does not expand in your throat and cause a choking hazard (this is what is used to say ... I honestly don't know if it still does). Since it is the fiber that helps to firm up the stool, what about using oatmeal.

I'd be too nervous to give Metamucil to my dogs on a daily basis. From what I remember, the labeling on the containers (powdered form) says that you have to drink about a cup of water with it to ensure that it does not expand in your throat and cause a choking hazard (this is what is used to say ... I honestly don't know if it still does). Since it is the fiber that helps to firm up the stool, what about using oatmeal.

Ooh, I hope someone responds to this with some insight cuz I thought the same thing when I read the can and decided not to try it.

Ooh, I hope someone responds to this with some insight cuz I thought the same thing when I read the can and decided not to try it.

Me too. I was wondering if Benefiber could work, cuz it didn't seem to require the water. One of my boys has had pudding poop alternating occasionally with big-D for four months, he won't touch pumpkin, and beet pulp isn't working.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

It really isn't an issue if you add it to food. Anyway, use the wafers and they'll gobble it right up :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest Lovey_Hounds

is there a certian amount of time metamucil can be used??? or is it like rice and can be given for as long as needed????

it is working really well i just want to know if it is ok to use long term....

Edited by Lovey_Hounds