New Member Of The Family...

Guest reddog

Hello everyone! I have added a new member to my grey family, felt like my Kate needed a buddy and this guy was lonely all by himself! His name is Bandit and what a sweetheart. He's 3 yrs. old and everything you could want in a friend. Bandit2.jpg

Kate still isn't sharing her couch, but here they are enjoying a snooze together..BanditandKate.jpg

:confetti Congratulations!! :confetti

Bandit is one handsome guy! :wub:

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Javagirl

ooohhhh I love the white ones. So cute! And I love the little eye smudge. So cute, so cute. I had a long, long, crappy video conference with China today (had to be at work at 6:45 am) and I really needed that. 11 am and I'm just getting to my desk..ugh.

Enjoy.

K

Bandit is SUCH a cutie pie!!! :beatheart

Congrats!!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I should tell you the whole story about Kate and Bandit. Kate came from a breeding farm in Kansas where 25 dogs were living in an old trailer house. These dogs apparently had zero human attention other than being fed and watered. I drove 4 hours and picked out Kate, the rest went to my adoption group in Colorado. Kate is a great dog, she was just sad-eyed and aloof.

Now, fast forward 3 months. I took Kate to Colorado to meet with members of the adoption group and heard the story of Bandit. I was thinking that Kate might be happier with a buddy so was kinda looking for another grey. Seems a young lady in Cheyenne had adopted Bandit but he was not happy. He was great around other dogs but droopy by himself. She loved him dearly, but felt so bad that he wasn't happy and thought about returning him and getting another grey that was better suited for her situation. Sooooo.....since I was already in Colorado I drove up to Cheyenne and met with her and Bandit and through the adoption group I was able to bring him home! This poor girl had tears running down her face, she was so sad about giving him up but knew it was for the best as he'd already run away twice, always jumping into another dogs' kennel for company. I gave her a long hug and promised he'd have a great home with the company of another dog. Bandit is now home for good and hasn't stopped wagging his tail! Oh, by the way, he came from the same kennel as Kate did!! The adoption group also had another dog for this girl and guess what her name is......Katie!!! Guess it was meant to be??? A big thanks to my wonderful adoption group and the gal for putting Bandits' welfare above her own feelings, that takes guts.