Nail Trimming For A Tripod

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

thinking down the road, i now wonder how i am gonna trim ember's nails. our local petsmart used to dremel them, and ember had no problems with the dremel. those days are now over. i think i will be doing her nails at home where she is comfortable and when she is lying down. i have a dremel that my dad used to use, and was thinking about the pet-icure gimmick thats advertised on teevee. i also read about a 10.2v lithium rechargeable dremel. what are my other tripod pals gonna use? thanx in advance.

on a lighter note...i bet if i take her to the vet to have them trimmed, i will get a discount...at least 25% off :lol:lol:lol

thinking down the road, i now wonder how i am gonna trim ember's nails. our local petsmart used to dremel them, and ember had no problems with the dremel. those days are now over. i think i will be doing her nails at home where she is comfortable and when she is lying down. i have a dremel that my dad used to use, and was thinking about the pet-icure gimmick thats advertised on teevee. i also read about a 10.2v lithium rechargeable dremel. what are my other tripod pals gonna use? thanx in advance.

on a lighter note...i bet if i take her to the vet to have them trimmed, i will get a discount...at least 25% off :lol:lol:lol

Just don't buy the infomercial ones! I had to return them and am still struggling to get my money back. I went out and bought this http://www.acetoolonline.com/ProductDetail...urce=googlebase

I just use it a few times a week so it's not a huge chore to do all at once. It's really easy to use and I can even file my own nails with it.

------

Jessica

I bought a rechargeable Dremel at Lowes without the fancy case and extra fittings. I use the sandpaper feature and that works fine. I do Bodie's nails while he is lying down. The peanut butter muzzle created by Glynnis for Winslow worked very well to keep him entertained! And, yes, Bodie is a tripod.

Edited by Bodie

Guest EmbersDad

Just don't buy the infomercial ones! I had to return them and am still struggling to get my money back. I went out and bought this http://www.acetoolonline.com/ProductDetail...urce=googlebase

I just use it a few times a week so it's not a huge chore to do all at once. It's really easy to use and I can even file my own nails with it.

nice! the price is right on it as well. which attachment do you use?

I bought a rechargeable Dremel at Lowes without the fancy case and extra fittings. I use the sandpaper feature and that works fine. I do Bodie's nails while he is lying down. The peanut butter muzzle created by Glynnis for Winslow worked very well to keep him entertained! And, yes, Bodie is a tripod.

i know of bodie, ive been following his story and was one of the ones on COG who thinks that whippet was a definite sign that his story isnt ready to end just yet. how is he doing today?

Guest EmbersDad
It only comes with one attachment so there is no confusion or option! :) It does come with some extra sandpaper things

i guess the big question is do the instructions tell you how to do the nail? ever since i cut the quick with trimmers, i have a mental block on nail trimming, so i gotta learn to do it correctly.

Guest Dillymom
It only comes with one attachment so there is no confusion or option! :) It does come with some extra sandpaper things

i guess the big question is do the instructions tell you how to do the nail? ever since i cut the quick with trimmers, i have a mental block on nail trimming, so i gotta learn to do it correctly.

Go slow at first. I have the cordless dremel and used it on low for months before I was comfortable enough to try the higher speed. Lola has black nails so I can't see the quick so I just take off a little at a time a couple times a week and I've been able to get them pretty short without ever hitting quick.

Guest p51crazyhorse

Go slow at first. I have the cordless dremel and used it on low for months before I was comfortable enough to try the higher speed. Lola has black nails so I can't see the quick so I just take off a little at a time a couple times a week and I've been able to get them pretty short without ever hitting quick.

Fiona and a few of my fosters have had dark nails, you get a good feel for it after a while and I can tell by the texture/look of the nail if I am near the quick. Once you get closer to it make sure you dont hold the dremel in contact with the nail for more than a few seconds, it can heat up the nail. with about 7 fosters that have come thru and my own dogs, I have never hurt a dog with the dremel, it is wonderful!