Said Goodbye To Picasso Today

Guest lynne893

My thoughts and prayers are for Picasso. I only hope that the "rescue founders/owners" have enough compassion for a double bounce with seizures to foster him as they are seizure savvy. I will loose sleep thinking of poor Picasso possibly seizing alone in a kennel situation. In addition to not understanding the changes the meds will put him through until he is stabilized.

I could be wrong, but I think their kennel is at their house. I believe Bruna and Bob (from Operation Greyhound) will do whatever it takes to make sure Picasso is comfortable and receiving the best care.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lynne893

hi everyone, long time since i viewed this post. just wanted to thank you all again and assure you with the knowledge that bob and bruna (rescue folks) do have a home and property adjoining the kennels, so the dogs are monitored continuously.

he has an 8'x8' space apparently, so more than a usual cage.

hugs, picasso, i miss you.

Guest EmilyAnne
hi everyone, long time since i viewed this post. just wanted to thank you all again and assure you with the knowledge that bob and bruna (rescue folks) do have a home and property adjoining the kennels, so the dogs are monitored continuously.

he has an 8'x8' space apparently, so more than a usual cage.

hugs, picasso, i miss you.

:grouphug

If it's any reassurance, Henry was in rescue for two years, and for three months he did have a home, but was returned. Henry has a severe case of epilepsy, but is responding well to meds. Today he is with me, and getting the best of care. It all worked out.

I do wish Picasso were in a foster HOME sitaution as opposed to a kennel. But for a kennel situation, Picasso's does sound as nice as could be. Hopefully he will find a forever home soon. And I am sure, that whoever adopts him, is going to love him TREMENDOUSLY. :beatheart

I agree with everyone above. I have 2 seizure dogs, Gabby has them w/out medication...her seizures are quiet but when she does have them afterwards, she goes & hides. I've been advised by my vet this is normal.

Banker has quiet seizures, almost like vestibular but not. He has a seizure about once a year. It sounds like you did the right thing under the circumstances.

Guest sirsmom

seizures are frightening. Sir had one about a year and a half a go ( a silent one) and never had one since but i'll never forget how he went into a trance and started nodding his head totally unaware of us. Knock on wood...

Guest 4baddogs

Don't beat yourself up- you did the right thing for everyone involved. One of our fosters attacked ALL four of our dogs within 5 minutes of walking in our front door and had to go right back and I still cried for him.

Guest lynne893

good news! picasso is now in another foster home, with foster parents who are prepared to help a seizure pup. i got the call this evening.

i'm relieved for him. cross your fingers that he is now in a "forever" home!!

thanks, everyone!

Guest houndstooth4

Our bridge girl, Treat, had grand mal seizures that started when she was almost four, which is when a lot of epilepsy seizures start in greyhounds. Her seizures were frightening, but I was always worried that she would be the one who would get hurt. We tried her on potassium bromide, but it didn't help her. A week after she started phenobarbitol, though, she never had another seizure. She lived a full life and it really didn't slow her down a bit.

good news! picasso is now in another foster home, with foster parents who are prepared to help a seizure pup. i got the call this evening.

thanks, everyone!

Greyt News!!!! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest vahoundlover

thanks, everyone!

:yay